Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Which cookies does HA create? (Read 3487 times) previous topic - next topic

Which cookies does HA create?

Sometimes but not each time Hydrogenaudio saves a cookie on my computer named "ipb-myass-div".

I stumble over my association with the cookie's name (my ass?). Are this defacto cookies generated by Hydrogenaudio?

Under normal circumstances I wouldn't ask something like this but I wonder whether I could have a security problem.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #1
If it's any consolation, I have that cookie also.  A search on Yahoo suggests many others have it also.  I wouldn't worry.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #2
That's a relief, thank you for your response.

Robertina.

Reply #3
"ipb-myass-div" cookie contains the last position of the "My Assistant" window, which you can drag around to a convenient location.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #4
Ah, and that is why the cookie only sometimes is created.

And I had feared it could possibly be a fishing attempt for my user name and password I am dealing with here...

Thank you for your explanation, Yirkha.