Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_skip: skip tracks that match a specified search query (Read 334388 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_skip: skip tracks that match a specified search query

Reply #25
Another thing: I've changed my playlist (based on plisk's column_ui playlist)  to sort of grey out the entries, which will be skipped. I could try to post my changes, if somebody is interested in this.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=265502"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Nice, i have interest for it! - THX

@kdx
Realy good work and THX for that!

One question:
If i mark a song for "skipped", all other songs behind are not playing too, without SKIP-TAG.
Whats wrong?

((((( Strictly4me )))))

Reply #26
Nice, i have interest for it! - THX

Well, here we go.
Only files which have their skip tag set to "1" will be greyed out.

Please, don't mind that I do not post my entire skripts, because I changed some stuff in plisks-config, which don't seem usefull for everybody (e.g.: I removed the colour theme switching for a bit more performance) and the scripts look a bit messy.

It basically comes down to add this to your "Globals":
Code: [Select]
$if($strcmp(%skip%,1),is_skipped=1,)

Now, you can use %_is_skipped% in your columns.
In plisks configuration this basically involves two flavours of insertions:

First flavour for columns, where there's already something configured in the "Colour"-Tab.

E.g. the Title column: Go to the "Colour"-Tab:
Change this:
$if(%_isplaying%,%_ptext%,
$if($and(%_is_first%,$not(%_is_single%)),%_altext%,
%_ntext%))|

into this:
$if(%_isplaying%,%_ptext%,
$if(%_is_skipped%,%_brtext%,$if($and(%_is_first%,$not(%_is_single%)),%_altext%,
%_ntext%)))|

Pay attention to the third closing braket at the end! This way, the song title colour is changed only, when the song is NOT playing (remember: you can play songs marked as skipped with a double-click). Actually the colour is changed to the colour normally used for less important text %_brtext% (e.g. text in brakets).

The other sort of change is bit more concise, for columns which don't have anything in their "Colour"-tab:
E.g.: Bitrate-column: Go to the "Display"-Tab:
Change this:
$if(%_isplaying%,%__bitrate_dynamic%,%__bitrate%)

into this:
$if(%_isplaying%,%__bitrate_dynamic%,$if(%_is_skipped%,%_brtext%,)%__bitrate%)

Since there's no colour, we only need to set the new one for skipped files, so the second change boils down to the insertion of the following in such columns:
$if(%_is_skipped%,%_brtext%,)

I hope, this sounds somewhat sensible to you.

One question:
If i mark a song for "skipped", all other songs behind are not playing too, without SKIP-TAG.
Whats wrong?

For me everything works as it ought to. So I guess, I can't be of any help here.

Regards,
Andreas

Reply #27
@andreas
Nice explanation ..... THX! 

But i have still this problem with my skipped tracks, behind the tagged one! 
Damn.

((((( Strictly4me )))))

Reply #28
I'm not quite sure, if I absolutely understood the function of the menu entries.
If I manually add a SKIP tag to my files everything works perfectly. And 'Activate' and 'Deactivate' also seem to work as i expect, but I would have loved some sort of signal, if skip-mode is activated (perhaps a checkmark in front of 'Activate' or 'Deactivate'). At the moment I seem to have to remember or try.

are your sure, you have the second version ? I have added checkmarks there ...

Then I thought, 'toggle' would toggle the SKIP tag in files, but it also seems to activate or deactivate the skip mode. I'm missing a way to add the skip tags. Currently im using the Quick-Tag plugin for this, but I would have liked this feature in the Skip submenu and I can't get the Quick-Tag functions in the main menu.
Also I can't realize a "Toggle" function with quicktag.

"toggle" simply activates/deactivates the skip mode, yes. Why would you need to toggle the skip tags itself ..?

One question:
Whats wrong?

hmm .. I actually have no idea why this could happen. Are you using some special .. ah .. "playback-flow-control-plugin" (something like shuffle) ?
if you are in default-mode .. what happens if you come to a file, which has the skip-tag ? does it just skip all files to the end of the playlist ?

Reply #29
Are you using some special .. ah .. "playback-flow-control-plugin" (something like shuffle) ?
if you are in default-mode .. what happens if you come to a file, which has the skip-tag ? does it just skip all files to the end of the playlist ?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=265920"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, it just skip all files to the end of the playlist! 
I'm in "repeat"-mode! - Maybe i have to change in "default"-mode?

EDIT: Ok, in "default"-mode it happens the same.

((((( Strictly4me )))))

Reply #30
I'm not quite sure, if I absolutely understood the function of the menu entries.
If I manually add a SKIP tag to my files everything works perfectly. And 'Activate' and 'Deactivate' also seem to work as i expect, but I would have loved some sort of signal, if skip-mode is activated (perhaps a checkmark in front of 'Activate' or 'Deactivate'). At the moment I seem to have to remember or try.

are your sure, you have the second version ? I have added checkmarks there ...

Aaaargh! You're right, I'm too dumb
Sorry, I somehow thought, I'd got the latest version.
Checkmarks work great and were nearly (see below) everything I needed.
Thanks a lot.

Then I thought, 'toggle' would toggle the SKIP tag in files, but it also seems to activate or deactivate the skip mode. I'm missing a way to add the skip tags. Currently im using the Quick-Tag plugin for this, but I would have liked this feature in the Skip submenu and I can't get the Quick-Tag functions in the main menu.
Also I can't realize a "Toggle" function with quicktag.

"toggle" simply activates/deactivates the skip mode, yes. Why would you need to toggle the skip tags itself ..?

Well, in case I want to skip the files temporarily, only.
At the moment, I'm using quick tag plugin (as described before) or I've to open the file properties in order to set/change/remove the skip tag. Correct me, if I missed another smooth way of doing it. I would personally like a possibility to do this within my Skip-submenu (in order to keep this functionality in one spot).

Reply #31

Hm, what speaks against enabling/disabling the skip mode ? i thought thats what its for
if you could toggle the skip tags, you wouldnt need to toggle skip mode (and the other way round ..)

Yes, it just skip all files to the end of the playlist!
I'm in "repeat"-mode! - Maybe i have to change in "default"-mode?

EDIT: Ok, in "default"-mode it happens the same.

the only reason for this i can think of is that you have an expression which always evaluates to
'true' or '1' .. which one do you have ? or try to change it to "false" ..

Reply #32
'true' or '1' .. which one do you have ? or try to change it to "false"

I use "true"now , but i also tried "1". I don't think with "false" it will run. 
Any other idea for me?

((((( Strictly4me )))))

Reply #33
I use "true"now , but i also tried "1"

well, lol, okay .. the plugin skips all tracks for which the expression you entered evaluates to "true" or "1" .. so if you have entered "true" as the expression, it will skip all tracks .. try the default '$if2(%skip%,0)' .. it should work as you think it should

Reply #34
try the default '$if2(%skip%,0)' .. it should work as you think it should

*g* .... thats crazy!
With "$if2(%skip%,0)" it works perfect! 
THX for your help, man! 

((((( Strictly4me )))))

Reply #35

Hm, what speaks against enabling/disabling the skip mode ? i thought thats what its for
if you could toggle the skip tags, you wouldnt need to toggle skip mode (and the other way round ..)

But what, if I've marked a dozen files in a playlist for skipping, but want to enable only a few them temporarily?
And also, as I said, I would like to have the entire skip control in one menu, without the need for adding a tag manually.
On the other hand, if it's only me, who thinks of this as a useful functionality, you shouldn't bother too much. You've already done a nice plugin, and I can't thank you enough for this.

Reply #36
Nice plugin! Could you make it so that when you click previous it'll skip back instead of forward? For example I'm playing track i and track i-1 is marked %skip% then clicking Previous should play track i-2.

Reply #37
Nice plugin! Could you make it so that when you click previous it'll skip back instead of forward? For example I'm playing track i and track i-1 is marked %skip% then clicking Previous should play track i-2.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

okay, [a href="http://www.youngpixel.de/foobar/foo_skip.dll]updated[/url]. I had to cheat a litte again and the whole thing is based on the assumption that a track with skip-tag wants to be played only once between starting and stopping playback but it should work in practically all scenarios ...

edit: in your described case, it only works, if track i-1 was skipped before. otherwise you have to click previous twice

problem is that there is no callback 'user has clicked previous' (at least not that i know  )

Reply #38
I was assuming that Previous & Next were more or less symmetrical routines, apparently not. Ok thanks -)

Reply #39
Thanks for teh plugin! It works well enough for me with foo_quicktag_sql.dll.

Reply #40
How does it work on multiple evaluations? I see that you can add more than one expressions at the configuration. Does it do "OR" or "AND"?
Say if I want to skip the tracking either with "SKIP" tag (equal "1") or with "RATING" tag (lower than "3"), it doesn't seem to do it. What about the same with "AND"?

Reply #41
great plug-in, but i have a suggestion:

it'd be nice if i could customize what value or range of values that skip control looks for.

example: i made a custom setting that evaluates %play_counter%, this way foobar won't play songs with a play count of 1 without me having to individually mark any songs.

what i'd like to do is evaluate a tag, %play_counter% in my case, and see if the value is greater/less than x. right now, foobar will only skip songs with a play count of 1, but it still plays any song with a play count greater than 1. i'd like to make a setting to skip all songs with a play count greater than 0.

Reply #42
great plug-in, but i have a suggestion:

it'd be nice if i could customize what value or range of values that skip control looks for.

example: i made a custom setting that evaluates %play_counter%, this way foobar won't play songs with a play count of 1 without me having to individually mark any songs.

what i'd like to do is evaluate a tag, %play_counter% in my case, and see if the value is greater/less than x. right now, foobar will only skip songs with a play count of 1, but it still plays any song with a play count greater than 1. i'd like to make a setting to skip all songs with a play count greater than 0.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=292995"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This plugin is great.  I use the following to skip songs with a rating of 2 or less:

$ifgreater(%rating%,2,0,1)

matth6546, for your situation, the following should work:

$ifgreater(%play_counter%,0,1,0)
- FLAC/200GB external
- AAC 128 vbr/local
- iPod Nano 2G 8GB

Reply #43
I found a problem.

I use foo_dsp_continuator. At the end of a track and if the next track in playlist is a skipped track, foobar plays about 1/2 sec. of the skipped track and then goes on with the next, unskipped track.

I fear foo_skip has no influence on this and the author of the continuator has to take care of the skip-tag?

EDIT: Even worse. If a track is followed by, say 15 skip tracks. Foobar does play 1/2 second of about the following 10 tracks, then it goes backwards and starts playing the last unskip track, which already has been played.

Reply #44
matth6546, for your situation, the following should work:
$ifgreater(%play_counter%,0,1,0)

This code is not working for me! Any idea else?

((((( Strictly4me )))))

Reply #45
Thanks a lot for this great plugin! It's really useful for me. 
Finally no more crippled albums in the playlist 

EDIT:
Found a weird bug:
I've 242 files in palylist. The last ones are all active. The first 8 ones are all inactive.
Now when the end of the playlist is reached and it starts at the beginning, then the cursor goes excactly down till the first active track (9) and then goes backwards  back to the end of the playlist and starts again with the last song.
F*cking weird.... 

Reply #46
Just installed foo_skip 0.1.

Found a bug:

Playback mode = repeat one

If I play an active track followed by inactive ones, when the active ends fb skips after the inactive even if it is in repeat one.

If the active is not just before the inactive ones, at the end of the active I can see some flickering in the trackinfo panel. I think it is skipping somewhere...

Can you have a look, please?

Thanks.

Reply #47
Good little plugin, thank you.

Reply #48
Due to the fact that my ratings use bars instead of #s
Eg:
|
||
|||
||||
|||||

$ifgreater(%play_counter%,0,1,0) - doesn't work for me

So I tried writing one for strings

$iflonger($len(%rating%), 3, 0, 1)

But can anyone help me out, it looks right to me but doesn't work ?

Reply #49
$ifgreater($len(%rating%),3,0,1)

I didn't really read this thread so I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but it looked like you were misusing $iflonger() when you really wanted $ifgreater()