Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Converting flac files (Read 5165 times) previous topic - next topic

Converting flac files

Hi

I'm looking to convert about 2000 flac files to AAC / MP4 to put on my windows-formatted ipod.  Is there a way I can do this while copying the flac tags to the format needed for the ipod to read them correctly? 

I'd like at least 160 kbps quality, though preferably higher for those where it matters.  I'd also like to keep the original flac files, since I listen to them while I'm at my computer.

Is there a program that can do this, or do I need to write some kind of shell script?

Converting flac files

Reply #1
Yeah I'm rather interested in this also :| I just started archiving things .flac style

Converting flac files

Reply #2
If you're running a real OS, I could probably provide you a one-line shell script to do it.

If you're stuck on Windows, I wouldn't know.

Converting flac files

Reply #3
As always foobar2000 and Case's foo_clienc is the solution to your problem.

foo_clienc | making any transcoders wet dream come true
"To understand me, you'll have to swallow a world." Or maybe your words.

Converting flac files

Reply #4
Can't spoon's dBPoewramp do this as well?? Pretty sure it can!

Kristian

Converting flac files

Reply #6
I've been doing just this with foobar and a Quicktime using the script found in this thread QT 6.3 automatic encoding w/foobar - solution,  all the tags transfer properly and the resuting files play in ITunes just fine.  I also tried Qutibacoas from Rarewares but couldn't get it to work.

I still haven't found a plugin that lets me see the tags in QCD though.