Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [KS in v0.7.3-0.7.4] Fb2k randomly freezes (Read 3999 times) previous topic - next topic

[KS in v0.7.3-0.7.4] Fb2k randomly freezes

Since v0.7.3, using Kernel Streaming, Foobar randomly freezes within a song (tried MP3, APE and CD-Audio). I have not updated my soundcard drivers and KS has always worked for me in previous versions. No DSP's loaded.

I can stop playing and press play again, so Foobar hasn't crashed. In console, no error warning appears.

Athlon Thunderbird 1200MHz
Asus A7V133
Creative Soundblaster Audigy Player

kX Project latest stable (also tried latest Creative drivers now, after uninstalling kX, didn't work either, so it shouldn't be a driver problem since with both drivers it worked 100% ok before v0.7.3)

Reply #1
KS output hasn't been modified for months (other than recompiling with different SDK versions), you have a problem somewhere else.
[edit] out_ks.cpp last modified: July 29, 2003
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #2
Thanks for quick reply. Well, I'll try a new install then (lots of work with config, but if it works then, it's worth it  ). Get back to ya when done so.

Reply #3
Just deleted my old config file and made only the necessary changes to try the KS output again: in the second song after 1m33s, fb2k stopped playing (standard visualizer freezes, along with position indicator and %_time_elapsed% in status bar).

Reply #4
Thank God, it's working again.  I still don't quite know what happened, but I had to completely re-install Windows (well, I had a Ghost image kickin' around, so it wasn't that much work ). My conclusion is that things got messed up when I updated my kX drivers. Thread closed

Reply #5
Since v0.7.3, using Kernel Streaming, Foobar randomly freezes within a song (tried MP3, APE and CD-Audio). I have not updated my soundcard drivers and KS has always worked for me in previous versions. No DSP's loaded.

I can stop playing and press play again, so Foobar hasn't crashed. In console, no error warning appears.

Asus A7V133

kX Project latest stable (also tried latest Creative drivers now, after uninstalling kX, didn't work either, so it shouldn't be a driver problem since with both drivers it worked 100% ok before v0.7.3)

Working perfectly for me  FB2K 0.7.5 (Kernel Streaming output) + Audigy 2 + Latest Creative Drivers  sorry i hate kx drivers quality, it's very poor.
My sound hardware: Creative's Audigy 2 ;)
My music encodings: Nero AAC Codec 2.6.2.0 Profiles:Transparent,Extreme

Reply #6
KS output hasn't been modified for months (other than recompiling with different SDK versions), you have a problem somewhere else.
[edit] out_ks.cpp last modified: July 29, 2003

Any chance of having that neat seeking fade which DS currently has for KS in a new release, notably 0.8?

Reply #7

Asus A7V133

Working perfectly for me  FB2K 0.7.5 (Kernel Streaming output) + Audigy 2 + Latest Creative Drivers  sorry i hate kx drivers quality, it's very poor.

Is the audio quality of the kX drivers really inferior to Creatives? I've never heard this before!

Reply #8

Asus A7V133

Is the audio quality of the kX drivers really inferior to Creatives? I've never heard this before!

some time ago i compared quality of kx & creative drivers, and i think, for music listening we should use creative drivers, it has much better quality

Reply #9

Asus A7V133

some time ago i compared quality of kx & creative drivers, and i think, for music listening we should use creative drivers, it has much better quality 

Do you have some objective info on this that supports your conclusion. I'm somewhat stunned by your statement, because in my research I have never come across such a statement. I realize this is off-topic, but nonetheless a lot more interesting

Reply #10
Do you have some objective info on this that supports your conclusion. I'm somewhat stunned by your statement, because in my research I have never come across such a statement. I realize this is off-topic, but nonetheless a lot more interesting

This is my personal conclusion  I have installed each of them, and listened to the favourite songs, believe, difference really is!
Agree with you, this is off-topic, but very interesting 
P.S. Admin or moderator, please sorry for infringement of a rule 8