Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Search Box Illegible with Formatting Strings (Read 2470 times) previous topic - next topic

Search Box Illegible with Formatting Strings

Hey,

I am using upnorth's dynamic string that i downloaded from here
http://pelit.koillismaa.fi/fb2k/strings.php?f=40

and everything is going fantastic.  I have bound the j key to the search box just like winamp 2, but results are filled with boxes and are formatted in an 'arbitrary' fashion.  there doesnt seem to be a way to use a format string for the search box, so i was wondering what a workaround would be?

kind regards
mix

Reply #1
You could try using foosions database search plugin.

It has the ability to search in all the playlists and it's search and display strings are customizable.

You can get it here.

AFAIK the default playlistsearch uses the main display string for displaying results.  Which is why it get's confused when dealing with album based formatting.

Reply #2
thanks heaps, that helps a lot!!!!
i was wondering if there is a way to make the default action when you click on the file to play it?
i noticed in teh settings there is a 'default action' option but strangely it doesnt have 'play song'

any idea?
thanks in advance

Reply #3
Try installinfg foo_utils.  You can get it at the same page as db_search.

Once installed you should get a play option in the default action dropdown box.

Reply #4
i love you

Reply #5
No need to.  Though I obciously feel charmed 

Better thank foosion for writing all those cool and quite useful plugins.