Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: APE playback buggy with 0.7.5? (Read 3089 times) previous topic - next topic

APE playback buggy with 0.7.5?

I've noticed that fb2k skips occasionally when playing certain ape files >100mb.

Is that an common issue?

Reply #2
What kind of skipping are you experiencing?

Reply #3
I also am having skipping problems with large ape files, i'll try to explain.

I archive my CD's using EAC to create a .CUE sheet linking to one .APE file. the skipping, or a better word to describe it is stuttering, occurs when the song changes and  it sounds like it's playing a fraction of the song before on the track change. It seems to be an intermittent fault on my system.

the images are stored on one hard drive (120G, 8MB cache), no problems with fragmentation.

I've used Foobar's speed test to see if the problem is my system not being able to keep up with decoding, i get a result of 33X, which seems ok.

Using ASIO output (case's compile)

System
amd 2500+ @ 1.47g
512MB pc2100
2 X SATA 120 gig 8MB cache HDD
NForce 2 ultra (without the IDE driver)
WinXP SP1
Terratec 24/96 (5.40 drivers)

Regards A M E D

Edit: does the APE dll prebuffer the next song before the track changes?
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #4
Sounds like seeking speed isn't fast enough. You might want to try 3.98 as it's supposed to seek faster. Sure solution is to increase buffer of output component.

Edit: does the APE dll prebuffer the next song before the track changes?

No decoder dll can do that.

Reply #5
thanks, i'll give that a try

regards A M E D
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.