Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ReFacets (Read 23935 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ReFacets

Reply #75
Hi, long time no see. I made the jump to foobar 2.0 and ran into a couple show stopping issues with the new refacets to replace the old facets. First was the lack of real folder hierarchy sort in each pane, but I was able to mostly get around that thanks to the reddit post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/foobar2000/comments/xjrbfe/comment/ipq7yex/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

The second larger issue is there's no longer a "last modified" option under statistics type columns. I used this to sort my top level folder (artists in my case) by the most recently updated/modified/changed/etc. However it's missing in refacets:

I can add a custom facets column containing "%last_modified%" and add that, but this duplicates every top level folder result to show the last modified of every single subfolder:

I suppose original facets had some magic with the "last modified" statistics column type that made this not happen. It would just look through all subfolders of that folder and find the most recently modified, and use that for the result. Essentially this is what I would like to return to (my 1.6 install with original facets):

I would be happy to donate $150 for this folder hierarchy sorting and last modified statistics field functionality to be brought back to refacets

Reply #76
Does ReFacets only have a columns display? I painfully miss the album art display from old facets component.

I agree.
Please bring        >>Display>> Album Art          and        >>Statistics>>Last Modified        to Refacets!
Thanks!

Reply #77
Eh, the new folder handling seems unintuitive and I don't really understand how to fix it from the examples above. Is it possible to add an option to make the column "Folder" work the same way as in the old Facets?
Or maybe someone could help me to write a prompt so that only the first subfolders are displayed, without any additional sublevel folder and without original folders from the media library.

Reply #78
Or maybe someone could help me to write a prompt so that only the first subfolders are displayed, without any additional sublevel folder and without original folders from the media library.

Folder:   $directory(%path%,$sub($sub($len(%path%),$len($replace(%path%,\,))),1))
subFolder:  $directory(%path%,$sub($sub($len(%path%),$len($replace(%path%,\,))),2))
next subFolder:  $directory(%path%,$sub($sub($len(%path%),$len($replace(%path%,\,))),3))
and so on...
Works for me

Reply #79
Folder:   $directory(%path%,$sub($sub($len(%path%),$len($replace(%path%,\,))),1))
subFolder:  $directory(%path%,$sub($sub($len(%path%),$len($replace(%path%,\,))),2))
next subFolder:  $directory(%path%,$sub($sub($len(%path%),$len($replace(%path%,\,))),3))
and so on...
Works for me
Thanks, but it's not really working for me, as I have several library folders which are located on different discs and have different depth. Whereas the above scripts start counting from the root of the disc for all the folders. I could probably go into reorganising and moving everything to the same levels, but that's not something I want to do now and it's easier for me to keep using the old version until it get fixed (I hope it will be).

Reply #80
Hi, long time no see. I made the jump to foobar 2.0 and ran into a couple show stopping issues with the new refacets to replace the old facets. First was the lack of real folder hierarchy sort in each pane, but I was able to mostly get around that thanks to the reddit post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/foobar2000/comments/xjrbfe/comment/ipq7yex/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

The second larger issue is there's no longer a "last modified" option under statistics type columns. I used this to sort my top level folder (artists in my case) by the most recently updated/modified/changed/etc. However it's missing in refacets:

I can add a custom facets column containing "%last_modified%" and add that, but this duplicates every top level folder result to show the last modified of every single subfolder:

I suppose original facets had some magic with the "last modified" statistics column type that made this not happen. It would just look through all subfolders of that folder and find the most recently modified, and use that for the result. Essentially this is what I would like to return to (my 1.6 install with original facets):

I would be happy to donate $150 for this folder hierarchy sorting and last modified statistics field functionality to be brought back to refacets

Upping my bounty for these two issues to $200

Reply #81
Are there plans to add the "Default sort order" option from Facets to Refacets so that the playlist view can be automatically sorted? I can't seem to find a way to achieve this eith er with the default view or Columns UI.
me too ,+1

Hi
might somebody tell me what sort order settings does  the refacets use please ?
thanks

Reply #82
In ReFacets, for those who don't have a mouse but use the keyboard, is it possible to move between one column and another with the keyboard?
Should special shortcuts be created?

I'm also wanting to use keyboard navigation

Reply #83
Would it make more sense for the Items column to be aligned right?
It doesn't necessarily mean the column would take up less space, but I think it looks neater, at least when it's the right-most column.
Cheers

Facets vs ReFacets

Reply #84
Example for highly custumized %path% based filter
add a Facets column eg. "path"

pattern: $if($strcmp($substr(%path%,39,40),En),04 Ambient,other) (insert exact values!)
"04 Ambient"      > 04 for sorting
add a new string in front of "other" and remove "other" in ")other)", rename and set exact values
$if($strcmp($substr(%path%,39,40),En),04 Ambient,$if($strcmp($substr(%path%,39,40),Ch),06 Chanson,other))

My script:

$if($strcmp($substr(%path%,39,40),o\),09 Tango,$if($strcmp($substr(%path%,39,40),En),04 Ambient,$if($strcmp($substr(%path%,39,40),Ch),06 Chanson,$if($strcmp($substr(%path%,39,40),Kl),01 Klassik,$if($strcmp($substr(%path%,39,40),Fo),07 Folk,$if($strcmp($substr(%path%,39,40),Ro),05 Rock/Pop,$if($strcmp($substr(%path%,39,40),Ja),03 Jazz,$if($strcmp($substr(%path%,39,40),Hö),10 Hörbuch,$if($strcmp($substr(%path%,39,40),Mi),02 Mittelalter,$if($strcmp($substr(%path%,39,40),Sa),11 Salsa,$if($strcmp($substr(%path%,39,40),Vo),12 OsnVocVielharmonie,$if($strcmp($substr(%path%,39,40),We),14 Weihnachten,13 Yoga)))))))))))))

have fun
jpgosna

Reply #85

Upping my bounty for these two issues to $200

Upping bounty to $300 USD for a facets version that solves these without workarounds required

Reply #86
Your problem can be solved by simply creating one or several filters.

In the image I show you the configuration of my filters:

Reply #87
Your problem can be solved by simply creating one or several filters.

In the image I show you the configuration of my filters:

If you reread my post carefully, and look at my screenshot, this does not work like it does on old facets, and results in one artist folder showing up tens of times. The folder pathing is also a mess, even with the custom fixes here

Reply #88
In case it was missed, @marc2k3 identified a bug that if certain Columns UI panels have focus, fb2k keyboard shortcuts are suppressed, i.e. Do not respond when pressed.

Don't know how high priority that kind of bug would be, but Refacets in Columns UI is affected by it. At least in my installation it is.