Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta (Read 67177 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #25
Just while first bug reports come here, let's please not turn this thread into bugs-reporting one.

I have just asked about the preferred way of reportings bugs at the IRC channel:

you can flood them on irc while i'm watching
other than that, one thread per issue

Some highlights of the new properties dialog:

- Inline editing.
- The user can define which fields are always displayed in the advanced preferences.
- You can set up multi-line fields, like breaks are added by pressing Ctrl+Enter.
- "Edit per-track values" is accessible by double-clicking or "edit" command (Screenshot).
- "Fill values from filename" dialog with preview area.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #26
- "Edit per-track values" is accessible by double-clicking or "edit" command (Screenshot).

This is really good news, it allows quick changing of tags of multiple files.

...and I just realized there are some copy/paste possibilities via context menu (also with multiple tags highlighted)... haven't tested yet... looks like a good way copying tags between tracks.

I have to test a bit more. If I have a track which has an additional tag "test" and then select all (strg+a works) and copy (or copy w/names), then paste it into another track which hasn't the tag, the tag will not appear.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #27
What does it mean: "Changed Media Library new item tracking behaviors", if I may ask?

Thanks.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #28
i for one totally dislike the new properties dialog, i liked the old style much more.

-andy-

The only thing I dont like about it is that I'd prefer to see all the information on 1 page rather than have to switch tabs.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #29
Personally I like the new properties box as it sets it apart from the custom info box plugin which is essentially a souped-up version of the old properties box.

This way between Properties, Masstagger, and The Custom Info Box I should have everything i could ever need to edit my tags
My Name is Sean and I'm here to leech off your genius.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #30
The tag editting in the Properties dialog is good.

But, because I miss the Replaygain value on the first page, I tried to add "Track Gain=replaygain_track_gain" to the dialog properties, just to show this value without going to the 2nd tab all the time. But it didn't work

edit: clarify
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #31
i like the new rip behavoir: auto replaygain scan and auto add to media library!!!
Music is my first love.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #32
First, i'd like to say that the redesigned fileproperties-dialog is great :) Even with just looking at it for 20secs its amazing how much tought was put into it.

One thing which i noticed is a minor inconsistency in the naming-scheme of the tags: There is "Album Artist" and "Track Title" and "Album Title"....... but "Artist Name"..... which if it would be consistent with the rest should instead be "Track Artist".

I noticed the different naming for the masstagger ("Manage Scripts") and euphorically clicked on it - expecting that maybe it would now be possible to arrange my scripts in groups (which in the contextmenu would then cascade to submenus)....... well, maybe it will be implemented in a future version.

- Lyx

edit: after thinking about it, i agree with calling it "Artist Name" (because ARTIST can refer to the album-artist (with non-VA-albums) and the track artist)
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #33
I'd appreciate if a new Audio CD feature were added. For example if I open an Audio CD and then change the CD and try to play the tracks I get error messages. It would be better to get a dialog asking if I want to reload the playlist with the new tracks, and clean out the old.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #34
Is there a way to let fb2k rip single files?

EDIT: I see, simply convert the playlist entries...

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #35
At the beginning i was sceptic abut new properties dialog. But now, after a few  times i used it i think this is really great feature. Multi file tag editing now is a pleasure

I want also to inform that new quiet mode in RG pops-up old-style window if there was any error which i found very good solution. Only minor problem with quiet scan that it cant automatically delete RG tags (and thus saving album info if we choose to scan per file track gain). IMO good solution would be to include qiet mode as additional command in context menu.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #36
I noticed Media Library rescan speed in now FAST. Can anyone confirm this?

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #37

Yes. Seems like it does no more touch any single file now.. Try it, do a rescan...

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #38

Yes. Seems like it does no more touch any single file now.. Try it, do a rescan...
According to Peter, the only change there is that rescanning the media library does no longer block access to the user interface.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #39
The good: much faster media library rescan. I like the properties dialog too.

The bad: playcount unofficial is not working!!

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #40
According to Peter, the only change there is that rescanning the media library does no longer block access to the user interface.
He must have changed something. Before, I scanned the whole library (5700 tracks) and it took always about 5 Minutes on my notebook at any scan, fb2k seemed to touch any media file. Now, with no changes to the media files, it just takes, maybe, 15 seconds or even less.

I thought it's the result of (changelog): "Changed Media Library new item tracking behaviors"

What is this change log entry about? How does the media library scan work now?

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #41
He must have changed something. Before, I scanned the whole library (5700 tracks) and it took always about 5 Minutes on my notebook at any scan, fb2k seemed to touch any media file. Now, with no changes to the media files, it just takes, maybe, 15 seconds or even less.

Yeah, and now it also removes deleted CUEs from library.
stimulating the audio nerve directly

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #42
Maybe it's a wrong thread for saying thanks, but I do - great work devs, I like new/changed features of this version a lot.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #43
The good: much faster media library rescan. I like the properties dialog too.

The bad: playcount unofficial is not working!!

I also found that, when using it.
hi

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #44
Awesome updates and changes.  Just one quirk I noticed on a custom tag.

When I try to add the new field EACLOG, which will contain the log EAC puts out with the "\" changed to "_".
When I try to paste the complete data it makes the ding sound and tosses out the data leaving the field blank.
However, a workaround that I found out is I paste the first two lines, okay the field, than edit it, I can paste in the entire data.

Sample Complete Data.  The first two lines were used to add the field than I editted the field and added the complete data with no complaints from the program.

Code: [Select]
EAC extraction logfile from 24. February 2004, 21:01 for CD
Lacuna Coil / Unleashed memories

Used drive  : PLEXTOR DVDR   PX-708A   Adapter: 1  ID: 0
Read mode   : Secure with NO C2, accurate stream, disable cache
Read offset correction : 30
Overread into Lead-In and Lead-Out : No

Used output format : D:\Program Files\REACT\REACT.exe   (User Defined Encoder)

Other options      :
    Fill up missing offset samples with silence : Yes
    Delete leading and trailing silent blocks : No
    Installed external ASPI interface

Range status and errors
Selected range
     Filename C:_my ape_CDImage.wav

Peak level 75.4 %
     Range quality 100.0 %
     CRC 637414C6
     Copy OK

No errors occured

End of status report

Keep up the awesome job on foobar2000!!
Zune 80, Tak -p4 audio library, Lossless=Choice

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #45
At the beginning i was sceptic abut new properties dialog. But now, after a few  times i used it i think this is really great feature. Multi file tag editing now is a pleasure

I find the new Properties dialog quite improved, but would like to see:
Opening
- Instead of always opening in the General Properties tab, I would like to be able to choose opening in the Metadata tab instead (or perhaps to remember last tab opened).
Standard tags
- Metadata tab shows thirteen standard tags; would like to be able to edit those
(for my use, I'd remove Album Artist and Performer and add Band and Conductor).
Without this feature, tags one always use must be added manually each time - many more clicks...

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #46
Metadata tab shows thirteen standard tags; would like to be able to edit those

You are.

Please have a look at Preferences | Advanced | Display | Properties dialog.

You can define:

- which fields are displayed including their captions
- fields that can have multiple values, separated by a semicolon
- fields for which an edit field with multiple lines is shown
- the format of the dialog's title

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #47
Metadata tab shows thirteen standard tags; would like to be able to edit those

You are.

Please have a look at Preferences | Advanced | Display | Properties dialog.

Indeed.
Now, what happened to Right click | Tagging | Edit tags in 0.9.3?
How to edit a number of files using functions?

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #48

It has been renamed to Tagging | Manage Scripts. You really need to become more inquisitive. After installing a new foobar2000 version, isn't browsing through all menus and preferences looking for new entries the first thing you do? Someone is probably going to quote this statement asking what we have forums for, but it's not like you couldn't have found the answers to your two questions on your own.

By the way, this is pure speculation, but I think we're going to see some more masstagger functions being integrated into the properties dialog.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #49

It has been renamed to Tagging | Manage Scripts. You really need to become more inquisitive. After installing a new foobar2000 version, isn't browsing through all menus and preferences looking for new entries the first thing you do? Someone is probably going to quote this statement asking what we have forums for, but it's not like you couldn't have found the answers to your two questions on your own.

By the way, this is pure speculation, but I think we're going to see some more masstagger functions being integrated into the properties dialog.

You're certainly right, I could have found both answers by myself digging a bit more.
However consider that users with less experience somehow get stumbled at  times and a helping attitude like yours do make the difference.