Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Ogg Vorbis' logo? (Read 15714 times) previous topic - next topic

Ogg Vorbis' logo?

Reply #25
I waited for a good while to get an official reply to my message on the mailing list... but nothing. Xiph.org is seriously full of lazy, useless bums.

The only reply I got, was from a list veteran, so to say, who pointed me out to an old post from 2005 regarding the subject at hand. Apparently, they are waiting for an old member of xiph, who hasn't reported back in years, to do them a new set of logos. And wait they shall, for ever more.

I guess some of us could still play with this idea, even if just for the fun of it, but sorry guys, it's not even going to be considered as an acceptable replacement for the existing logo.

Edit: Okay, so I might have been quite rude presenting this. Sorry about that. I guess Monty might one day stop waiting for Melissa to finish the xiph set of logos, and let other people work on that. I wouldn't bet on it, though.
Join //spreadopenmedia.com to promote Opus, Vorbis, FLAC, etc

Ogg Vorbis' logo?

Reply #26
a Xiphophorus is a blowfish if my memory serves me correctly, hence xiph.org or the company name.

Noooo. A Xiphophorus hellerii is a common swordtail. They look a bit like goldfish, but the upper lobe of the tail is flat and short, and the lower lobe of the tail is long and pointed like a sword. I spotted them in a tank at a local mart recently.

I forget what story that's from. Vorbis is the name of high-god in one Terry Pratchet's novels.

Nooooo. In Terry Pratchett's Small Gods, deacon Vorbis was a high priest of the Omnians, the worshippers of Om. I bought Small Gods because I was curious.

edit: corrected binomial name

Ogg Vorbis' logo?

Reply #27
Nevermind those guys at Xiph (for the time being, at least). If it has to be guerilla-style OggVorbisZealot warcry, then so be it.

BTW, here's a link to VEG's wonderful Vorbis promotional buttons.

*downloading Right Now™*