Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Help installing foobar skin! (Read 16772 times) previous topic - next topic

Help installing foobar skin!

First of all, I have search and understand the general idea. I know that components go to components folder, as well with the PanelsUI and fonts. But even when I do this, I cannot get any of the 4 skins I tried to work. Perhaps they are outdated since they were made years ago and there are new versions of fb2k out.

So then I went ahead and copied the component, fonts and PUI to their directories. When I open fb2k, it prompts me to select my interface module, where I select "Panels UI."

After that, I get this error:
The following components are incompatible with this foobar2000 version and will function partially or incorrectly:
- foo_ui_panels.dll : Panels UI
Please update these components to their latest versions if possible.

Failed to load DLL: foo_ui_columns.dll
Reason: Wrong version number; this component appears to have been built with an outdated version of the foobar2000 SDK and needs to be recompiled with newer version in order to load; please contact the author of this component to obtain an updated version of this component.

I also had a problem with this tech skin:
http://br3tt.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2ovre0

Yet there is NO components, fonts, PUI files in that zip/rar file. So where am I supposed to get those files?

Ive also ran into problems where I copy and paste the components/fonts/PUI files to their directories, then start fb2k and it does NOT tell me I have a new interface modules. I go to preferences and there is no Panels UI option even after I copy and pasted all of the correct files.

WTF!!! this is so confusing especially since im a pretty computer savvy guy

Reply #1
Panels UI is no longer supported and has not been for quite a while.

Regarding the tech skin...support is best asked at deviantart art.

terry

Reply #2
Panels UI is no longer supported and has not been for quite a while.

Regarding the tech skin...support is best asked at deviantart art.

terry

I already did. In fact I posted on 3 or 4 different boards but still have not found help.

fail

Reply #4
Id rather just stick to the newest version so do you know where I can find UPDATED skins?

Also seems that the TECH skin posted in the OP was update for the new fb2k. I cannot  however figure out how to install it.

Reply #5
Id rather just stick to the newest version so do you know where I can find UPDATED skins?

Ask author(s) of these skins.

Also seems that the TECH skin posted in the OP was update for the new fb2k. I cannot  however figure out how to install it.

But installation process is described on the TECH 1.4 web page.

Reply #6

Some of the components are outdated and buggy.

Reply #7

But installation process is described on the TECH 1.4 web page.

Directions say to install fonts, components, configurations etc into the directories. Yet I cannot find these fonts/components/config files in the zip/rar file I downloaded from that page. Included in the zip file: tech1.4.fcl, images, scripts, changelog.txt, readme,txt. OK, so where are the fonts/components/config files??? lol

Reply #8
You are barking up the wrong tree here, as tpijag already said you'd best ask support on deviantart on Br3tt's deviantart page for Tech.

Reply #9
On the theme's page you can find:
Requirements:
- Fonts: [link]
- Components: [link]
- Configuration files: [link]
- Images + .fcl file : [link]
- seekbar.fx file for Wave Seekbar : [link]

The links lead you to the files, which you have to download.

Reply #10
Thanks, I thought everything was placed conveniently in a zip file as it usually is.

Finally able to get it to work!