Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Rubyripper 0.4.3 release (Read 7662 times) previous topic - next topic

Rubyripper 0.4.3 release

Hi,

Just released the 0.4.3 version. Changes are:

* first release that's translatable. Dutch and German languages
are supported initially. This adds the ruby-gettext dependency.
* check if there is write permission on the output location
* improve other codec support (actually make it work)
* unicode fixes in tags
* off by one error. First sector was always read once
* some small fixes all over the place

Website (also download location):
http://code.google.com/p/rubyripper/

If you'd like to help out with the translation to your language, see the wiki for instructions.

Kind regards,

frodoontop
A secure audio ripper for linux: code.google.com/p/rubyripper

Rubyripper 0.4.3 release

Reply #1
Thanks for another release. This is my one only CD ripper for the last six months. It is simple to use but has everything I need and does a perfect job. Keep up the great work.
Sorry, I have nothing witty to say here.

Rubyripper 0.4.3 release

Reply #2
i started hungarian translation, but:

Code: [Select]
$ LANG=hu_HU msginit -i ../rr_lib.pot -o rr_lib.po
msginit: You are in a language indifferent environment.  Please set
         your LANG environment variable, as described in the ABOUT-NLS
         file.  This is necessary so you can test your translations.

$ locale
LANG=hu_HU.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

so i did it this way:

$ LANG=hu_HU.UTF-8 msginit -i ../rr_lib.pot -o rr_lib.po
$ LANG=hu_HU.UTF-8 msginit -i ../rr_cli.pot -o rr_cli.po
$ LANG=hu_HU.UTF-8 msginit -i ../rr_gtk2.pot -o rr_gtk2.po

edit: there's a typo multiple times in rr_cli.po: erronous, which is correctly erroneous
edit2: in rr_lib.po,
\tSuspicion position : %{minutes}:%{seconds} (%{amount}x) (CORRECTED at trial %{trial}\n

the parentheses not closed, like:
\tSuspicion position : %{minutes}:%{seconds} (%{amount}x) (CORRECTED at trial %{trial})\n

Rubyripper 0.4.3 release

Reply #4
Hi,

Just released the 0.4.3 version. Changes are:

* first release that's translatable. Dutch and German languages
are supported initially. This adds the ruby-gettext dependency.
* check if there is write permission on the output location
* unicode fixes in tags
* off by one error. First sector was always read once
* some small fixes all over the place

Website (also download location):
http://code.google.com/p/rubyripper/

If you'd like to help out with the translation to your language, see the wiki for instructions.

Kind regards,

frodoontop

If you need help with translations I would be happy to help out. Swedish & Finnish.

/Kef

<edit> oops, I was a bit too fast on the trigger there. I'll check out the wiki and I'll let you know </edit>

Rubyripper 0.4.3 release

Reply #5
job done

Rubyripper 0.4.3 release

Reply #6

What exactly did you change here? The Nero AAC encoder and Atomic Parsley were already working during my tests with the previous release. There was only a problem with an Atomic-Parsley-specific bug.

See the corresponding issue http://code.google.com/p/rubyripper/issues/detail?id=98 . There was a problem with the extension for some encoders. The name of the output file was expected to be the final argument, but there are encoders for which this doesn't apply. For details see http://groups.google.com/group/rubyripper-...8aa7d0011b2a7c6

To all those translators out there, keep 'em coming  Let's support as many languages as possible.See http://code.google.com/p/rubyripper/wiki/Translation

Rubyripper 0.4.3 release

Reply #7
Thanks for this clarification. Besides, just downloaded and compiled the new version, runs very smoothly here with both an old Pioneer drive and a BenQ burner. The "other" encoder also keeps working fine using the Linux port of Nero AAC.

Your little ripper has become noticeably better than the alternative ones bundled with KDE, mostly because of its secure ripping and the reliable support for external encoders. Most Linux applications with AAC support expect the FAAC encoder, making the usage of Nero AAC very problematic up to impossible in many cases. Keep up the good work!

Rubyripper 0.4.3 release

Reply #8
yea new revision works fine with translation

discovered a typo in rr_cli, fixed one posted as attachment in the issue tracker

Rubyripper 0.4.3 release

Reply #9
Started here spanish translation (es_es). I can manage to tranlate but I´m not very used to code (sorry). Any link to any how-to would be very wellcomed.

I´m using Pootling and try to do my best.

Thank you four your very very useful tool!

Rubyripper 0.4.3 release

Reply #10
the howto is here:
http://code.google.com/p/rubyripper/wiki/Translation

i use poedit. i generated the needed files with

$ LANG=hu_HU.UTF-8 msginit -i ../rr_lib.pot -o rr_lib.po
$ LANG=hu_HU.UTF-8 msginit -i ../rr_cli.pot -o rr_cli.po
$ LANG=hu_HU.UTF-8 msginit -i ../rr_gtk2.pot -o rr_gtk2.po

it didn't work without ".UTF-8", despite written in the wiki so, so if you have problems too, try it with that

open up poedit, give your name and email, select your language in preferences, then open the files, translate each phrases, save them and ready

Rubyripper 0.4.3 release

Reply #11
ok now i finally had the opportunity to actually try it as a ripper:

2 problems:

1. when i start ripping and then go to preferences, then go back to ripping, it won't display the progress but asks me to choose, stop rip, overwrite folder etc.

2. there's no option to rip whole album into single file, ripper uses cdparanoia -B (batch, multiple files) by default. this should be changed to be toggleable, and if one chooses to rip into single file, a cue sheet should be generated (you can use cuegen for such task)

Rubyripper 0.4.3 release

Reply #12
1 problem: the bugtracker is on http://code.google.com/p/rubyripper/issues/list

1 update too, the 0.4.4 release:
* Add Hungarian and Russian translation
* Update the install procedure. Most distributions can now
easily wrap the install to their standard procedure for packaging.
After running the configure script a Makefile is created. In the configure
phase --prefix is supported. With the make install --prefix and $DESTDIR
are both supported. If any wishes remain, please file an issue.
* rake is no longer needed as dependency
* helpfile.rb is no longer needed (replaced by configure)
* the Makefile is no longer needed (auto-created by configure)
* the Rakefile is no longer needed (replaced by configure)

Rubyripper 0.4.3 release

Reply #13
Spanish translation done 100 %. Problem? I had an error writing the issue title on rubyripper's page at Google code. 

I promise I´ve doublechecked the spelling of the files so this kind of error won´t be found inside the files theirselves.    The problem is that it´s too late here and I was almost asleep...

Thank you!

Rubyripper 0.4.3 release

Reply #14
hmm.. now im on debian stable, and rr wont start:

/usr/local/bin/rrip_gui:362:in `trackselection_objects': undefined method `+' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)
        from /usr/local/bin/rrip_gui:326:in `initialize'
        from /usr/local/bin/rrip_gui:172:in `new'
        from /usr/local/bin/rrip_gui:172:in `scan_drive'
        from /usr/local/bin/rrip_gui:164:in `initialize'
        from /usr/local/bin/rrip_gui:164:in `new'
        from /usr/local/bin/rrip_gui:164:in `scan_drive'
        from /usr/local/bin/rrip_gui:66:in `initialize'
        from /usr/local/bin/rrip_gui:1037:in `new'
        from /usr/local/bin/rrip_gui:1037

same error with 0.4.3 which i have tried on ubuntu, so it's a debain problem not rr. i have the following ruby packages installed:

$ dpkg -l|grep ruby
ii  libatk1-ruby                      0.15.0-1.1                      ATK bindings for the Ruby language
ii  libcairo-ruby                     1.2.0-1                         Cairo bindings for the Ruby language
ii  libcairo-ruby1.8                  1.2.0-1                         Cairo bindings for the Ruby language
ii  libgdk-pixbuf2-ruby               0.15.0-1.1                      Gdk-Pixbuf 2 bindings for the Ruby language
ii  libgettext-ruby-util              1.7.0-1                         Gettext utilities for ruby
ii  libgettext-ruby1.8                1.7.0-1                         Gettext for ruby1.8
ii  libglib2-ruby                     0.15.0-1.1                      Glib 2 bindings for the Ruby language
ii  libgtk2-ruby                      0.15.0-1.1                      GTK+ bindings for the Ruby language
ii  libpango1-ruby                    0.15.0-1.1                      Pango bindings for the Ruby language
ii  libreadline-ruby1.8               1.8.5-4etch1                    Readline interface for Ruby 1.8
ii  libruby1.8                        1.8.5-4etch1                    Libraries necessary to run Ruby 1.8
ii  ruby                              1.8.2-1                         An interpreter of object-oriented scripting
ii  ruby1.8                           1.8.5-4etch1                    Interpreter of object-oriented scripting lan

may i need something else to install? or what is the problem?

edit: i've upgraded to lenny (debian testing), the error remains

$ rrip_gui 
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/glib2.rb: line 55
   GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **:g_boxed_type_register_static: assertion `g_type_from_name (name) == 0' failed
   GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **:g_param_spec_boxed: assertion `G_TYPE_IS_BOXED (boxed_type)' failed
   GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **:g_object_class_install_property: assertion `G_IS_PARAM_SPEC (pspec)' failed
   GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **:g_param_spec_boxed: assertion `G_TYPE_IS_BOXED (boxed_type)' failed
   GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **:g_object_class_install_property: assertion `G_IS_PARAM_SPEC (pspec)' failed
/usr/local/bin/rrip_gui:362:in `trackselection_objects': undefined method `+' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)
        from /usr/local/bin/rrip_gui:326:in `initialize'
        from /usr/local/bin/rrip_gui:172:in `new'
        from /usr/local/bin/rrip_gui:172:in `scan_drive'
        from /usr/local/bin/rrip_gui:164:in `initialize'
        from /usr/local/bin/rrip_gui:164:in `new'
        from /usr/local/bin/rrip_gui:164:in `scan_drive'
        from /usr/local/bin/rrip_gui:66:in `initialize'
        from /usr/local/bin/rrip_gui:1037:in `new'
        from /usr/local/bin/rrip_gui:1037

4$ dpkg -l|grep ruby
ii  libatk1-ruby                         0.15.0-1.1                 ATK bindings for the Ruby language
ii  libcairo-ruby                        1.5.0-1                    Cairo bindings for the Ruby language
ii  libcairo-ruby1.8                     1.5.0-1                    Cairo bindings for the Ruby language
ii  libgdk-pixbuf2-ruby                  0.15.0-1.1                 Gdk-Pixbuf 2 bindings for the Ruby language
ii  libgettext-ruby-util                 1.9.0-1                    Gettext utilities for ruby
ii  libgettext-ruby1.8                   1.9.0-1                    Gettext for ruby1.8
ii  libglib2-ruby                        0.15.0-1.1                 Glib 2 bindings for the Ruby language
ii  libgtk2-ruby                         0.15.0-1.1                 GTK+ bindings for the Ruby language
ii  libpango1-ruby                       0.15.0-1.1                 Pango bindings for the Ruby language
ii  libreadline-ruby1.8                  1.8.6.111-2                Readline interface for Ruby 1.8
ii  libruby1.8                           1.8.6.111-2                Libraries necessary to run Ruby 1.8
ii  rake                                 0.7.3-1                    a ruby build program
ii  ruby                                 1.8.2-1                    An interpreter of object-oriented scripting
ii  ruby1.8                              1.8.6.111-2                Interpreter of object-oriented scripting lan

Rubyripper 0.4.3 release

Reply #15
I've seen this error in a bug report. This means you don't got cdparanoia installed. Next release will give a proper warning before closing.