Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Facets (foo_facets) (Read 785264 times) previous topic - next topic

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #250
I'm using a filter but the artist is still listed (without any albums and songs). Is there a way to apply the filter to all facets windows?

The filter is a simple filepath check.

thanks!

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #251
An option suggestion: would it be possible to add a preference  for the cover size? The Alt+mouse wheel control is nice but I'd prefer a fixed and exact size for all my facets tabs which would be the same as my actual covers size and eliminate the need to resize them dynamically .

Instead of a setting, I would prefer to display the current dimensions in a tooltip or the status bar as you change the size.

At last, a feature suggestion: in cover mode, it would be nice if we could display tags without affecting the sorting. Like sorting on %album artist sort% but display %album artist" under each cover.

Noted. What would you use this for? Last name, first name order?

actually, we've got horizontal and vertical positionning. I'd like to know if you plan to add a kind of "mix" of these two? I'd really like to have three facets on a first line (genres/artists/albums) AND, on a second line, a facet that would display multiple columns, like track number, title, ratings, etc.

Yeah, I know: I can do this by using the "playlist" panel. But I already use this one as a "currently playing" panel. In other words, I'd like to have something like the default WinAMP behavior.

foobar2000 has multiple playlists, so one can keep playing while you look at your current selection in another one. The new version already includes send to playlist actions that preserve the playing playlist. There is no point in creating some additional list that, even if it duplicated the looks of a particular playlist view, does not behave like a playlist.

Hey, I have problems with the resizing of the images. I am using a Laptop without a mouse and scrolling only with multitouch. Till now every software accepted the touchpad as a wheel but not this resizingfunction.
Maybe you could add a key for resizing? Like "+" and "-"?

I can add zooming with Ctrl +/-. But if other applications support this control of yours, I would much rather want to fix this.

I'm using a filter but the artist is still listed (without any albums and songs). Is there a way to apply the filter to all facets windows?

The filter is a simple filepath check.

Please provide more details (screenshot, column settings, filter query).

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #252
It seems that the filter contained a typo and something else is happening. I have several artists without any album info and while (just as expected) the album view turns up blank, the track view doesn't contain the tracks belonging to this artist.

So how can I get the tracks to show up when I click such an artist?

thanks!

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #253
The track pane remains empty because you have added an album column, which prevents tracks without an album from showing up (documentation: missing fields).

Instead of the default album column, use one with %album% or $if2(%album%,none).

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #254
Thanks for the quick support! I replaced the default album with $if2(%album%,none).

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #255
Instead of a setting, I would prefer to display the current dimensions in a tooltip or the status bar as you change the size.

Nice idea.
Noted. What would you use this for? Last name, first name order?

That would be my main use, yes.

Thank you for having noted my suggestions. 

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #257
"foobar2000 has multiple playlists, so one can keep playing while you look at your current selection in another one. The new version already includes send to playlist actions that preserve the playing playlist. There is no point in creating some additional list that, even if it duplicated the looks of a particular playlist view, does not behave like a playlist."

How does one go about this. I've tried making two playlists, but when I goto add to the main playlist, it plays in both.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #258
It sounds like you are saying foobar2000 is playing two playlists at one time. This is not possible. What does it plays in both mean?

A screenshot of your configuration would be very helpful.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #259
I don't have my setup like that at the moment. But what I would like to do is. have a selection playlist below and my main on the right side. What happens is, I have both playlists and when I goto add to one playlist, it sends it to both and plays from both.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #260
As tpijag already said: that is not possible! Either you are explaining your issue in a way that it is not understandable or something very weird is going on in your config. You cannot send to two playlists anything from facets - also foobar2000 isn't able to play two tracks at the same time. If "plays from both" means a different phenomen so please explain it.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #261
You have placed a playlist viewer in multiple locations. This will only give you multiple instances of the same playlist. You need to place one playlist viewer in a tabbed playlist container. It will then work. You will not get differing  physical multiple playlist locations within your config however.

EDIT: with your setup it will appear to be playing from two playlists simultaneously.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #262
Ok. I understand that. I will try that. So the only way I can get this is with a tabbed playlist?

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #263
You have placed a playlist viewer in multiple locations.
The usual entrapment for new users! Wouldn't it be the best to allow just one instance of the playlist view when/if at all the settings of layout/groups is allowed on a per-playlist basis? I don't see any benefit from multiple playlist views apart from that.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #264
As far as I know it may be capable with es/el playlist and maybe only within CUI. Beyond my knowledge though there has be previous discussions and maybe a search will turn them up.
I am a huge proponent of using a tabbed playlist container. At first, it may screw with the aesthetics of your configuration [tabs are not real exciting], but it is worth it for functionality.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #265
Thank you very much.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #266
<snip>

Indeed, arbitary, user configured grouping the same way the Playlist view has would be nifty. For example, you could avoid a situation like this in the track column...

and instead use a grouping scheme like "%album artist% - %album%" to have tracks displayed in groups. The group header ideally should act like in the playlist view, enabling actions on multiple tracks.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #267
I can see how the second pane would benefit from groups (e.g., to list albums by artists).

Why not replace the third pane with an actual playlist view though?

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #268
Because I have no action set on "click", only on double click (Add to selection playlist ) and middle click (Send to selection playlist with "play" unchecked). Sometimes I just want to queue a few tracks from an album, and the track column helps with that.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #269
As i wrote in my request: i see no need for userdefined grouping patterns. The grouping should only help for an better overview in a large list of coverart so that it would be sufficient to group by display name of clicked column. F.e. if i sort by artist column the artist name is the grouping name, if i sort by rating the grouping consists of the corespondending rating(stars). For some statistical columns (like length, bitrate,...) some hardcoded patterns would be nice with senseful ranges.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #270
Personally, I never missed grouping in the facets interface. If I want to "group" albums by an artist - well, I just select that artist or type it into the search box. My opinion is that the concept should be kept simple: grouping makes sense for playlists but not for facets. What Ferongr wants to do can simply be done by using facets with multiple playlist.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #272
Man. Playlist tabs are ugly. It's a shame Frank you think the bottom / vertical pane is redundant because to me it'd be amazingly welcome. I mean I tolerate the multi playlist right now, but that'd be the best feature imo. I dislike winamp for various reasons, if it's not too much work, please consider it.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #273
is that possible to hide the header of panel (where it shows what's the panel showing like artist or genre)?
if not...are you planning add this feature??

being able to hide the side scrool bar should be usefull too =)

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #274
Thanks for the great component!

It would really benefit from having settings to control caching the album art, though.

When you've got a large music library, scrolling through the album art view thrashes the hard drive as all the thumbnails load. The option to create a database of all the thumbnails (similar to how the waveform view uses a database file) would make this so much better!