Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Discussion of "Default UI Gallery" (Read 377151 times) previous topic - next topic

Discussion of "Default UI Gallery"

Reply #500
hmm true but i still much prefer buttons

Reply #501
I'm not too much into customizing, I want to keep Foobar the way it was meant to be - simple and efficient.

Hi, is it possible for you to mention the components that you use?

Thanks in advance.

Reply #502
I see one component a playlist viewer that allows inline album art. Esplaylist or more likely foo_simplaylist. Playlist Viewer is inserted in a standard Playlist Tabs container

Reply #505
There are settings you can adjust in Advanced preferences.

Reply #506
@falstaff
awesome work as always...now downloading d config... 

Reply #509
Top level is a Tab container. The current tab in view is a vertical stack presentation of Facets element.

Reply #513
Too simple?

Reply #514
Mine. 2 screenshots, stopped and with void "default" playlist first and then working with playlist and lyrics:

Love simple UIs like mine and the one in the post above.

Reply #515
Mine. 2 screenshots, stopped and with void "default" playlist first and then working with playlist and lyrics:
Love simple UIs like mine and the one in the post above.

You don't need to double-post as you did here... this thread should be for DUI discussion only.

Reply #516
Hi all,

After many years of using FB2K + CUI, I am now looking to see whether I can have the same (or the most important anyway) features using FB2K + DUI (as CUI is not updated)

My first hurdle... Filters (that can be assigned to custom tag fields, not just the standard ones like Artist, Album etc.). Am I right in thinking DUI does not have Filters like this? How do people overcome this?

Thanks,
Rohit

Reply #517
... (as CUI is not updated)

is it a reason to leave it ? it's working fine and for now, there is no need for some update, curious way of thought...

My first hurdle... Filters (that can be assigned to custom tag fields, not just the standard ones like Artist, Album etc.). Am I right in thinking DUI does not have Filters like this? How do people overcome this?

a similar component in DUI for Filters is foo_facets, this components is better in many ways as the default CUI Filters Panel : http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_facets

HTH

Reply #518
... (as CUI is not updated)

is it a reason to leave it ? it's working fine and for now, there is no need for some update, curious way of thought...

a similar component in DUI for Filters is foo_facets, this components is better in many ways as the default CUI Filters Panel : http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_facets

HTH

Great thanks. I came across this component also and shortlisted it to install - but I could not tell if it did indeed have filters. Thanks for the confirmation.

It's more of an experiment, definitely haven't decided to leave CUI for good at the moment - who knows, maybe FB2k+DUI will suit me even more

The other couple of components I think are quite popular from what I have read and searched so far, are:
- foo_simplaylist
- quicksearch toolbar
If you have any thoughts on these with any pros/cons feel free to share!

Reply #522
it needs a few more tweaks to be usable. i'll post it tomorrow.

i should say right now the "playlist" is purely for display purposes. it won't be very functional at all. all you can do is scroll (it's really meant for displaying a single album) and double clicking a track to start playback.

Reply #524
I'm not too much into customizing, I want to keep Foobar the way it was meant to be - simple and efficient.

Hi, is it possible for you to mention the components that you use?

Thanks in advance.

How do you add a library tab ? Is that in fact a playlist ?
Because in my config, the only Library tab does not gave support of the albumart

Thnak you for the tip if it exists.