Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WavPack - Foobar issues (Read 6823 times) previous topic - next topic

WavPack - Foobar issues

Hi!

Is there a history of Foobar 0.81 refusing to play WavPack 3.97 files? I've tried using the lossless compression, I've tried the hybrid compression, and I've tried about every switch available in WavPack, but Foo won't play the file (Error opening file). It plays everything else just fine though...

So, does Foobar support WavPack, or have I downloaded a buggy WavPack encoder? Or is it a problem with the newly released 0.81 version?

Thanks!
Jurg

WavPack - Foobar issues

Reply #1
Just compressed a standard 44/16 wav file with wavpack 3.97 using multi frontend with the -h switch. Plays back flawlessly in fb2k 0.8.1 here (XP sp1). You do have foo_wavpack.dll, don't you?
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

WavPack - Foobar issues

Reply #2
WavPack support in the core was dropped some time ago, see post above for the solution.

WavPack - Foobar issues

Reply #3
I have the full Foobar version, so that wasn't the problem... Anyway, found the solution in the mean time though... I use EAC to rip, and then call wavpack.exe from within EAC to do the encoding... You just have to tell EAC not to add an ID3 tag to the .wv file. Seems to screw up the file somehow... <g>

Thanks Garf! Thanks TeddyBear!
Jurg

WavPack - Foobar issues

Reply #5
And it's actually just ID3v2 tags that mess up WavPack files. ID3v1 is okay.

WavPack - Foobar issues

Reply #6
And it's actually just ID3v2 tags that mess up WavPack files. ID3v1 is okay.

So I guess this means that you could actually tag a wavpack file with a combo of ape2 + id3v1(.1) ...?
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts