Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: My first venture into Vinyl (Read 17853 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: My first venture into Vinyl

Reply #25
IMHO, half the fun of vinyl is messing around with the mechanical aspects of the turntable. Especially if you have a cueing mechanism, with good damping fluid, that works smoothly. Much more fun than dropping a CD into a tray, or "clicking" on an item in a playlist.

That's akin to saying half of the fun of having a wife is the thrill gotten from that mechanical aspect of inserting the ring into one's finger ::) ; specially if you have an expensive gemstone in it, and it goes smoothly in your aforementioned appendage and all that crap.

But then, I can't believe someone deriving that much pleasure from such obvious psychological compensation from the fact they're simply adoring a golden calf instead of simply listening to the music, can actually satisfy/have a wife, in the first place. :))
Listen to the music, not the media it's on.
União e reconstrução

Reply #26
IMHO, half the fun of vinyl is messing around with the mechanical aspects of the turntable. Especially if you have a cueing mechanism, with good damping fluid, that works smoothly. Much more fun than dropping a CD into a tray, or "clicking" on an item in a playlist.
To me it is a PITA (and yes I still play a lot of records).  It gets in the way of just listening to the music, plus the regular distractions of having to change sides, getting up to move the arm for the inevitable crap track (or just having to endure it) and then the putting the record away, getting another out, cleaning it and so on, such a waste of time which could be better used for its intended purpose - listening to music.

Reply #27
Hear! Hear!

We rarely see these days someone admitting to using vinyl but who hasn't anything but words of appraisal/adoration towards that format!

I remember when I used to listen erm, use them and was pissed off by exactly those same reasons you've mentioned. Of course, in comparison to the infamous cassette tapes (Doh!) ::) we we were still a relatively happy bunch - SQ and all - until the moment most of us realistic and down-to-earth fellas first heard what a CD was all about, that is...
União e reconstrução

Reply #28
Just be glad that you are too young to have had to deal with reel-to-reel tape.

Reply #29
Just be glad that you are too young to have had to deal with reel-to-reel tape.

Thanks for making me feel relatively young. :))
União e reconstrução