Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_midi (Read 82253 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_midi

Reply #125
Your recent release is listed as 2.1.6 on foobar2000 component page, component version is 2.1.8 now. :)

Reply #126
Again, oops.

Reply #127
Is there a program to create sfogg soundfont? Is it faster than using sf2pack FLAC?

Reply #128
It is no faster, and in fact possibly slower, than using sf2pack FLAC. I only enabled it because there is a published SoundFont bank that uses it. It is in fact the sf2pack format, using Ogg Vorbis. And the author who employed it said that it sounds possibly broken if you use anything less than quality level 10 when compressing the SoundFont bank. It figures, since Ogg Vorbis is meant to be gapless only on the ends of the whole stream, and sf2pack requires the entire block of sample data to be compressed as one long stream.

Reply #129
Update: Secret Sauce now works with 64 bit cores. Please be sure to report your core version and MD5 sum if it isn't recognized.

Reply #130
this midi has an error when converting to FLAC, no problem when trying with WavPack, ALAC, MP3. Tried with BASSMIDI

Message on console
Writing tags to encoded file failed: Unsupported format or corrupted file
An error occurred while finalizing the encoding process (Unsupported format or corrupted file)

I'm curious what happens here as other midi seems fine.

Reply #131
The encoding doesn't fail but transferring tags does. There's something weird with the metadata in TRACK_NAME_01 field, it's invisible in foobar properties but when converted to for example WAV it shows up as some binary mess.

Reply #132
Thanks for reporting.

Added a fix in fb2k 1.4.3b5 so converting such file to FLAC no longer fails, problematic metadata fields will simply not be transferred.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #133
In Secret Sauce preferences, is 885 in the flavor list the SC-8820?

Reply #134
I guess? Also don't forget those are overrides. otherwise, it just passes on all supported reset commands to the core.

Reply #135
Hi kode54. I'm wondering where the sflist JSON format for loading SFZ files in to foo_midi is documented? I remember you saying that there was info about it on GitHub somewhere, but I can't quite seem to find anything so far.

Reply #137
Thanks for that. :)

Reply #138
Is there a way to see any errors in the JSON syntax? I've been trying to figure out how to prioritize soundfonts and SFZs but I'm having issues doing that at the moment, and I can't seem to find any errors in the console.

Reply #139
Update. It seems that I was making things needlessly complicated, I realized that I could just add the SFZ name to an sflist and edit the SFZ to reflect the new path for the instrument samples, since I have SFZ instruments stored as a separate subfolder in my soundfont collection.

Reply #140
I found an odd glitch when using Secret Sauce with some 64-bit cores. It seems that it does recognize that the core is 64-bit and scpipe64.exe runs, but the Secret Sauce option does not appear in the plugins list when the 64-bit core is selected. Using core version 1.03, MD5 F16B5EB9C7E204DE7F9B3A829D2D5500.

Reply #141
That's because the preferences page only appears if the configured path points to a folder containing a whitelisted MD5. I've only whitelisted the few that I've personally encountered. I'll add this MD5 to my list, since I never needed to add 64 bit versions back when I had 1.03.

I added 64 bit support and container/piping, because it solves two issues. One, that the Roland rental service store only offers 64 bit versions as far as I can tell. Two, that I can create multiple instances without duping the file around to the temp folder like the official plugin does, and thus also start up way faster as a result. Three, if it ever finds a crash bug, those crashes won't take out the main player, they'll just kill playback.

E: I'll need the file size, too. For now, I can only add 1.0.7 64 bit, since that's another version I have available.

E2: Never mind, that's the other 64 bit version I do have on hand.

E3: Added, enjoy.

Reply #142
Works now, thanks for the quick fix :).

Reply #143
Another foo_midi question. How exactly is EMIDI device track exclusion implemented? Does the component always mute the FM tracks, or does it exclude and add them as needed? For example, say I choose adlmidi with the Duke Nukem 3D bank, will it then play the FM tracks and exclude the normal ones, or will it just let the bank handle the instruments?

Reply #144
The EMIDI FM tracks are the same channels as the GM tracks of the same name, only they have different instruments. And usually, these instruments are hand tailored to exactly the Duke Nukem 3D bank. You should disable that override option, as usually the FM tracks will take effect first.

Reply #145
Which override option? EMIDI device track exclusion when playing EMIDI files with FM?

Reply #146
Yes, that one. I'd have to specially modify the filter to support filtering to just the FM tracks specifically for FM output, since it requires manual configuration to use the Duke Nukem 3D bank anyway.

Reply #147
Hi, I noticed an issue in the new Secret Sauce flavor preferences. In the newest foo_midi, when I select default in the GS flavor options, it seems to choose GM, even if a MIDI is specifically detected as GS, most noticeable when playing the GS version of the Grabbag theme. http://leejacksonaudio.lbjackson.com/html/download.html. If you play the file using the GS option, it will play normally, but a lot of the instruments will break when choosing the default GS flavor.

Reply #148
Yeah, that was an oops on my part. It should be fixed now.

Also, just FYI, that track should be played in the 88 Pro mode or better, or Default, for the GS type. Synth mode should be either Default or GS.

Meanwhile, most or all of the actual soundtrack shipping with the game should be played in SC-55 mode, especially Water World.

Reply #149
Working now, thanks for the fix. Unfortunately I noticed that XG is broken as well. If you try to play this MIDI using either the default or x flavors, it won't play using the incomplete XG implementation when a main flavor other than default is selected.