Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WavPack needs an x64 filter / decoder (Read 6261 times) previous topic - next topic

WavPack needs an x64 filter / decoder

I get better compression ratios with WavPack over FLAC, but ultimately I had to go back to using FLAC exclusively, merely because FLAC has x64 Directshow support.  So I humbly submit to those in the know:  how 'bout some x64 goodness?

(I have to maintain an x64 media chain for boring and complicated reasons, but I assure you it's not just because I think it's 'faster;' many others need them for MCE x64 support, anyway)

Reply #1
ffdshow?

Yes it maybe overkill for your needs but hey, you'd never need to find a codec again.

Reply #2
Good luck, quite a few are unwilling to build anything for 64 bit.

Heck, I have been starting to learn how to compile encoders from source for 64 bit, just because no one is willing to do them OR I haven't found a 64 bit compile of the encoder.
Zune 80, Tak -p4 audio library, Lossless=Choice

Reply #3
ffdshow?

Yes it maybe overkill for your needs but hey, you'd never need to find a codec again.

Ah, it used to have WavPack support, but they removed it a few months ago because it was so flaky.  Still would need a x64 source filter, in any event.

Reply #4
Good luck, quite a few are unwilling to build anything for 64 bit.

Heck, I have been starting to learn how to compile encoders from source for 64 bit, just because no one is willing to do them OR I haven't found a 64 bit compile of the encoder.

Tell me about it... I was considering the same thing a few months ago, but I just didn't have enough time to learn the ropes.  x64 support for playback is getting there, though:  there are regular x64 compiles of MPC-HC and ffdshow now, so almost everything is good to go except WavPack.