Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Fix / Repair / Check Intergrity of Ogg files (Read 8521 times) previous topic - next topic

Fix / Repair / Check Intergrity of Ogg files

Anybody know if there are any linux / bash scripts out there what can fix / repair / check integrity of ogg files?

I believe this can be done with oggz tools but I'm not sure how to use them properly.

Re: Fix / Repair / Check Intergrity of Ogg files

Reply #1
oggz-validate will check the framing of an Ogg file.  The content of each page can vary and you'll need a tool specific to the codec to tell you much about that.  oggz-codecs might tell you what is on the pages, assuming it knows the codec.  oggz-info will give you some technical info about the streams in a file.  Start with validating and then see what needs repairing.  The oggz tools don't really offer much in the way of repair functions.

Might be a good time to learn the structure of an Ogg page :)

Re: Fix / Repair / Check Intergrity of Ogg files

Reply #2
I executed this on my ogg collection:
find /srv/music -name "*.ogg" -exec ogginfo -q {} > /tmp/ogg-check.log \;

Some of the files checked showed this in the log:
Negative or zero granulepos (-1) on Vorbis stream outside of headers. This file was created by a buggy encoder

Do you know of any tools (linux if possible) what can repair those files?