Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Ogg as popular as crack!? (Read 4058 times) previous topic - next topic

Ogg as popular as crack!?

Its good to see is a cult following for Ogg, recent longish debate at slashdot a good example.

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/01/21/1941222

Only if some P2P software supported OGG it would have got the much needed boost.
A duck\'s quack doesn\'t echo anywhere, and no one knows why.

Reply #1
Originally posted by Suman

Only if some P2P software supported OGG it would have got the much needed boost.

Hi. Winmx works fine with anything. Just supply the file extension and select search for any non-mp3 file.

Reply #2
you'll probably find my 1500+ collection

Reply #3
Well I don't use Ogg, and I don't use crack either for that matter.

Actually I'm waiting for RC4 before I switch ... uh, does that mean ... oh no! :eek:

Reply #4
Well, unless you are looking at very low bitrates, as far as I know, RC4 won't be changing anything much above 64kbps.

Reply #5
Originally posted by Suman
Its good to see is a cult following for Ogg, recent longish debate at slashdot a good example.

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/01/21/1941222

I am the one who started that "Ask Slashdot" topic, since I am investigating non-MP3 codecs. I thought that there was some very informative opinions in the responses.

BTW: Vanth Dreadstar, for those who don't know, is a comic book character created by Jim Starlin.

Agent69:)