Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_run (Read 606111 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_run

Reply #725
Excellent — thanks for confirming the fix!

Reply #726
Florian, do you have any interest in adding an option for users to add native Windows horizonal dividers to their foo_run context menu? Maybe something like a $divider function? I know we can write --------- in ASCII to emulate a horizontal divider but I was hoping for the aforementioned.

Reply #727
And how to make any link in tags open without specifying a field %link% or %url%?

for example, in my tags - DISCOGS_ARTISTS_URLS

discogs also prescribes several link sites, how will the team behave?

Reply #728
When I have multiple files selected, is it possible for the service to wait x seconds before executing the command for the next file?

Reply #729
I'm setting up a FB instance to catalog and tag (through SQLite) generic files.
I'm trying to set up a command for run services to open a selected file with WLX Photo Gallery whose path is this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Photo Gallery\WLXPhotoGallery.exe

How do I set up the full command for foo_run?

Thank you.
fabio

Reply #730
Try
Code: [Select]
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Photo Gallery\WLXPhotoGallery.exe" "%path%"

Reply #731
You need to wrap the { and } in single quotes because they are special characters in fb2k title formatting. This has been repeated dozens of times in this thread...

"C:\Program Files '('x86')'\Windows Live\Photo Gallery\WLXPhotoGallery.exe" "%path%"

Reply #732
In fact, after reading a few pages backwards I got this:

"C:\Program Files '('x86')'\Windows Live\Photo Gallery\WLXPhotoGallery.exe" "%_path%"

but it doesn't open the selected file, just the program. I tried to unquote the path at the end but it's the same.

It works correctly with FastStone viewer so maybe Photo Gallery doesn't support the command line file opening.

Thank you.
f.

Reply #733
I confirm that it works with Excel, Word and PDF Editor.

I searched but I couldn't find anything abot PhotoG. commandline.

Thank you.
f.

Reply #734
 I don't know if this is the right thread. If not, feel free to move this somewhere else.

Is there a way to automaticalli start a different foo_run command depending on the extension of the selected file?
It would be more practical to have just one "Open in original app" button instead of having to setup one button for each extension.

Thank you.
f.

Reply #736
In theory, just the file path on its own should work. It's how I open images/internet links in my scripting components. I obviously don't want to know or care about anyone's preferred apps.

You are right, with just "_%path%" it opens in the default viewer for that file extension. As simple as that...

Thank you.
f.

Reply #737
Is it possible to run "foo_run" in FB2x64 to make it:
- open FB1.16 or any 32 bit version which is also installed on my PC and which contains plugins available only in 32 bit and use those plugins?
For example - I would like to use Musical Spectrum or Enhanced Spectrum Alalyzer or (much hated) DRMeter and we probably never will get 64bit versions of those so instead of manually start another FB and those plugins maybe it is possible to do it using foo_run?
If so what would be the path to use such a construction?

Reply #738
- open FB1.16 or any 32 bit version which is also installed on my PC and which contains plugins available only in 32 bit and use those plugins?
For example - I would like to use Musical Spectrum or Enhanced Spectrum Alalyzer or (much hated) DRMeter and we probably never will get 64bit versions of those so instead of manually start another FB and those plugins maybe it is possible to do it using foo_run?

Instead of opening another instance of foobar2000, you could use the vst adapter to display such analyzers in FB2x64.

https://imgur.com/a/CDczJfU

Reply #739

Instead of opening another instance of foobar2000, you could use the vst adapter to display such analyzers in FB2x64.

https://imgur.com/a/CDczJfU

Thank you for your suggestion - the vst works great. However I still lack the abillity to write DR to tags and none of those vsts goes as high as Musical Spectrum (up to about 50kHz if I remember). Or do they?

Reply #740
Thank you for your suggestion - the vst works great. However I still lack the abillity to write DR to tags and none of those vsts goes as high as Musical Spectrum (up to about 50kHz if I remember). Or do they?

Correct , those vsts display up to 22kHz , while Musical Spectrum can display up to 50Khz.

Reply #741

Correct , those vsts display up to 22kHz , while Musical Spectrum can display up to 50Khz.

Hi,
actually I found Voxengo Span which measures from 1Hz to 96kHz. So it substitutes Musical Spectrum and Enhanced Spectrum Analizer for me.
DRMeter is also fine but lacks writing to tags. This is the only caveat on my side when comparing 32 vs 64 bit versions.

Reply #742
Is this the solution to get atmos/DTS:x files running from foobar? Just outsource them to VLC?
that would be next to perfect

There's a question though
 how do i get foobar to trigger VLC when it finds a xxxxx.atmos file in a playlist? or when i gets to a atmos or DTS:X directory.
I mean foobar can play any thing else to my liking so it only has to outsource atmos and DTS:X

Or is there a limitation i didn't think of?

Reply #743
Is this the solution to get atmos/DTS:x files running from foobar? Just outsource them to VLC?
that would be next to perfect

There's a question though
 how do i get foobar to trigger VLC when it finds a xxxxx.atmos file in a playlist? or when i gets to a atmos or DTS:X directory.
I mean foobar can play any thing else to my liking so it only has to outsource atmos and DTS:X

Or is there a limitation i didn't think of?

Isn't it just the case of lack of bitstream passthrough in foobar (which I truly miss)? Does not every software with bitstream passthrough do it through HDMI (provided your AVR has appropriate codecs)?

Reply #744
Foobar is the only problem.
Corect me if i'm wrong
Foobar = replaygain and DSP chain with all possible plugins. It is decoding to PCM by default
Foobar will never be able to recode to Dolby, or DTS they will never be licenced.  
So outsourcing to software that does NOT decode is the only way.
For windows to be able to recode to atmos is also a path i don't forsee in the near future.

HDMI does support upto 32 audio channels but the avrs do not! They only support atmos, DTS:x , or auro 3d to go beyond the default 8 channels

I did think of a huge limitation.
For multichanel to properly work you need exclusive outputs. And that prevents the sound to be heared from VLC :(
Or there must be a (new) way to switch windows to different default sound modes for the sharing mode wasapi.

Reply #745
Foobar is the only problem.
Corect me if i'm wrong
Foobar = replaygain and DSP chain with all possible plugins. It is decoding to PCM by default
Foobar will never be able to recode to Dolby, or DTS they will never be licenced.  
So outsourcing to software that does NOT decode is the only way.
For windows to be able to recode to atmos is also a path i don't forsee in the near future.

HDMI does support upto 32 audio channels but the avrs do not! They only support atmos, DTS:x , or auro 3d to go beyond the default 8 channels

I did think of a huge limitation.
For multichanel to properly work you need exclusive outputs. And that prevents the sound to be heared from VLC :(
Or there must be a (new) way to switch windows to different default sound modes for the sharing mode wasapi.

For me Foobar is the best audio player - most music is PCM. Plus it plays SACD, DVDA. Plus with proper plugins almost every format including DVD-V, Bluray, YT and others. It decodes all propriety formats like Dolby or DTS to PCM. So the only thing missing is bitstream passthrough.
VLC is a no-go for me - no ASIO output, resampling everything and mixing to stereo. Only goog thing is bitstream passthrough...but I think MPC-HC is better - it plays everything (I do not remember if it plays SACD) but lacks ASIO.
I also have Kodi.
But I only use Foobar. The rest of them is only occasional or for testing new things.
If I want to listen to multichannel I use foobar (DSD or PCM) or MPC-HC (DTSHDMA, DolbyTrueHD).

Reply #746
I only use vlc for video but when I ripped yellow and kraftwerk I checked the atmos tracks in vlc. It works. I don't need to run the disks.

Everything below 9channels is done in foobar. I really would like to add atmos to it.

Mpc has stopped and Kodi I dislike. Vlc does it all.
I don't know if ffmpeg can stream to hdmi.
So for now, vlc seems a good starting point

Reply #747
How do I open files with different apps? Let's say Audacity.
I've been trying this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\audacity.exe" "%_path%"
Doesn't work. Nothing comes up.
The brackets need escaping like so:
"C:\Program Files '('x86')'\Audacity\audacity.exe" "%_path%"

To run audacity in 64 bit?

"C:\Program Files\Audacity\audacity.exe"--one-instance "%_path%"

it does not work

For MusicBrainz! Picard

so it goes

"C:\Program Files\MusicBrainz Picard\picard.exe"--one-instance "%_path%"

but I see the first trace

If interested for PotPlayerMini64

"C:\Program Files\DAUM\PotPlayer\PotPlayerMini64.exe"--one-instance "%_path%"

Album grouping pattern: %path_group%" %group_index%

upload all individual tracks

i use the plugin run service for group

Reply #748
What's the best commandline format for sending multiple albums, that each might have their own subfolders per disc, to Musicbrainz Picard? I currently have this, but it only allows one album at a time.

"C:\Program Files\MusicBrainz Picard\picard.exe" "$directory_path(%path%)"

Reply #749
How to open images with different extensions (JPG, PNG etc.) in Windows explorer
This run with only with JPG or PNG for example
"c:\windows\explorer.exe" /e, /select,  "h:\artwork\last\%artist%-%album%.jpg"
Trying this but it doesn't work
"c:\windows\explorer.exe" /e, /select,  "h:\artwork\last\%artist%-%album%.%extension% "