Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar & Dirac, can't get automatic sample rate switching to work (Read 944 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar & Dirac, can't get automatic sample rate switching to work

So I've been using Foobar for years now with little to no hiccups.

But last week I got Dirac for my speakers and am struggling to get Foobar to automatically switch the sample rate to match the songs'. I use an RME ADI-2 DAC and previously I just used its drivers and ran everything through ASIO and it worked flawlessly.

But now I can't get it to work in collaboration with Dirac no matter what I try. I use the VST 2.x/3.x Adapter-plugin in Foobar, select Dirac's VST (tried both VST2 and 3) but every time a song comes with a different sample rate than what Dirac (same as DAC) is set to, Foobar gives me the error: "Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported stream format: 96000 Hz / 24-bit / 2 channels".

I tried using ASIO with the DAC's drivers and selecting ASIO in Dirac's settings, no luck. Tried uninstalling DAC's drivers and using WASAPI while selecting "Windows Audio (exclusive)" in Dirac, same story.

Tried contacting Dirac, they couldn't help any further and suggested I tried asking here. So can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here?

Re: Foobar & Dirac, can't get automatic sample rate switching to work

Reply #1
dbPowerAmp/SSRC resampler component has the option to set resample rate to some sample value you want, and to exclude rates that you don't want to resample.
Anything than that, could it be that Dirac doesn't allow sample rate switching during playback? If that is the case, you can do what I proposed earlier.
Error 404; signature server not available.

Re: Foobar & Dirac, can't get automatic sample rate switching to work

Reply #2
dbPowerAmp/SSRC resampler component has the option to set resample rate to some sample value you want, and to exclude rates that you don't want to resample.
Anything than that, could it be that Dirac doesn't allow sample rate switching during playback? If that is the case, you can do what I proposed earlier.

Well apparently Dirac does indeed support sample rate switching since the Dirac rep I'm currently in talks with due to this issue says so but sadly he says he has no prior experience with Foobar so he said he'll try to set it up himself and see if he can get it to work himself.

So apparently it should work but for some reason it doesn't and it's wrecking my brain how none of the methods I've tried seem to work. It, of course, is no big deal to just resample everything to 44khz, not like I could tell a difference in a blind test, but it's more a case of FOMO and the fact that it should work that bothers me.