Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 18 years of hydrogenadio (Read 2289 times) previous topic - next topic

18 years of hydrogenadio

Hi Everyone,
     I have been away from here for many years but today I have felt the needing to come back. I joined HydrogenAudio 18 years ago. It was the time of MPC and AAC and Lame 3.x as reference encoder. Between the years 2004 and 2006 I have encodes my entire CD library using a PLEX drive and the available extraction software, Thanks to the suggestion and help from this site users.  The knowledge I have gained here like the working of BLIND tests, has been also useful in life when I have needed to make the decision to make one or another food product, I have used BLIND tests to make the right choice, without any psychological interference. There were a boy with "golden years", capable of perceiving any subtle problem in each release of a codec but I don't remember his name. I hope he still has his hears in golden mode!

This message is my greeting to everyone and to the site HA creator/manager from a longtime Italian music lover. It is nice to be again here and I hope some of the old guys are still around.

Ciao HydrogenAudio, this site is still great!

Giuseppe Chillemi

Re: 18 years of hydrogenadio

Reply #1
Welcome back! I registered here on 30 September 2001!! Although it isn't shown any more, I believe I was member number 100!

Reply #3
Welcome back! I registered here on 30 September 2001!! Although it isn't shown any more, I believe I was member number 100!

Thank you,
  I clearly remember about your site and you. I have downloaded some Lame 3.92 or 3.93 special versions from your site if I remember correctly.
  I see you are continuing with this passion! Great!

Regards
   Giuseppe  Chillemi

Reply #5
I believe I was member number 100!
You seem to have UserID 111: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?action=profile;u=111

Could be this changed with a board migration though.
More than likely defective memory on my part!! ;) I must confess I hadn't noticed the profile number in the link.