Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Feature Request] Playback Queue with Ability to Sort Upcoming Songs (Read 1359 times) previous topic - next topic

[Feature Request] Playback Queue with Ability to Sort Upcoming Songs

Similar to what is available with iTunes and even Foobar2000 Columns playlist view, I would enjoy a view of the upcoming songs, whether in an album or playlist, as well as the ability to add songs from sources outside the current to playback queue (ex: selecting a song inside an album to add to playback queue when listening to a playlist)

Re: [Feature Request] Playback Queue with Ability to Sort Upcoming Songs

Reply #1
You're starting to creep into the realms of just using a normal playlist as just a queue. Nothing wrong with doing just that, and some of the playlist viewers available can display the playing list instead of the one you're selecting and copying tracks from.

Reply #2
I am also looking for this kind of feature.

Ability to see the currently playing queue, Add songs the current queue, and saving the queue to a playlist. Or if the queue came from the playlist then saving will update the playlist.

To the admin: I can do the coding if you want. Let me know!

Reply #3
Or an easier one with minimal change
1. Add a new item in context menu "Add to playlist and play" below "Add to playlist"
   - Displays the playlists sorted by date of last accessed(Viewed Edited)
   - Select the playlist or create a new playlist to add the song
   - Play the playlist starting from the just added song.
2. In the currently playing song view(left swipe), Make "Next" icon (Next song to play) clickable.
    - Upon clicking will show the currently playing playlist.

I think this one will just make use of the current infrastructure and functions already available.

Thanks!