Skip to main content

Topic: CUETools versions 1.9.5 through 2.1.5 (current) (Read 1367540 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CUETools versions 1.9.5 through 2.1.5 (current)
Reply #2925
I use CUERipper to convert CDs to flac and it works great, really nice little tool!

I have a questions though where i am unsure how i can do that with CUERipper.
- Is it possible to keep the .wav as well?
- is it possible to write ReplayGain Info into the cue?

Thanks!

• hydrogenate
  • [*][*]
Reply #2926
Thank you both for responding.

flac will exit with code 1 if there were any errors, including when the MD5 checksum doesn't match the audio.
Can you run Action:Verify on the input without error?
You can also test your input file for errors with the flac frontend or with the flac command-line flac.exe -t yourinputfile.flac

Yes, Action: Verify verifies the input without error. Both CTDB & AccurateRip display "accurately ripped" No errors there.

FLAC Frontend gives this error on input of the same file:

*** Got error code 0:FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_ERROR STATUS_LOST_SYNC
filename.cue: ERROR while decoding metadata state = FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_END_OF_STREAM

If it happens right away, it might be due to wrong command line parameters.

It does not happen right away.

Is it possible, using CUETools, to split the album-file right though the error, i.e. ignoring the error? That way, one can at least harvest all the tracks, to find the faulty one to possibly repair, and gain all all the good ones. 

May I also ask if CUETools is capable of splitting single track 24-bit albums into multiple tracks from the cue file? If not, would you kindly please recommend an application that can do that? I do not want to downsample the files.
  • Last Edit: 06 December, 2017, 10:38:41 AM by hydrogenate

• hydrogenate
  • [*][*]
Reply #2927
Is it possible, using CUETools, to split the album file right though the error, i.e. ignoring the error? That way, one can at least harvest all the tracks, to find the faulty one to possibly repair, and gain all all the good ones.

May I also ask if CUETools is capable of splitting single track 24-bit albums into multiple tracks from the cue file? If not, would you kindly please recommend an application that can do that? I do not want to downsample the files.

I have now found and deployed two different applications, both of which addressed the aforementioned points quite easily. The first was addressed using dbPoweramp, and the second with Foobar Convert.

Thank you all who responded.

Reply #2928
is there a way to NOT have the cue file copied over to the destination directory.

no, but its easy to remove them. However, NOTE: the second cue is not a copy, one is an image file cue and the other is a track files cue

Open Windows Explorer, and shift-rightclick on the base folder for your converted rips and click on "Open Command window here". Check the prompt to make sure window opened at the right place, then type "del /s *.cue" without the quotes, and press return. This will step down all your folders and subfolders below the one you started in and delete anything with a .cue extension. Take care you get it right, it won't ask if you're sure.

If you've been upgraded to Windows 10 Creators Edition, the "Open Command window here" option has been removed so you'll have to use PowerShell. Click "Open PowerShell window here". This uses a different syntax, type "get-childitem . -recurse -include *.cue | remove-item" without the quotes, check what you've typed is correct, and press return.

Your .cues will be gone.

• wahnsinn
  • [*]
Reply #2929
Hi. LOVE CueTools for verifying rips.

Couple small quality of life improvements I would suggest:
1) the results are displayed as text, formatting and color scheme in accordance with the Windows theme. While perfectly readable, it's far from convenient. It would be really nice to have some form of color coding here: e.g. shades of green show that it's "accurately ripped" with ok-good-great confidence, yellow for low confidence, red for not accurately ripped).
I usually open the .accurip file in a text editor, which is set up to parse and color code in that fashion, but it's not a perfect solution by far, and having CUETools itself color code the results would be very much appreciated.

2) Multiselect Browser: two things here:
a) the directory tree shows way too many items by default
Example: Let's say I've got two CDs in "F:\music\something\cd1" and "F:\music\something\cd2". I paste their parent directory path ("F:\music\something") in CUETools input field. I then click on the little green icon, opening the multiselect browser (this is how I typically go about it). If I want to change any of the (automatically set) check marks, I have to do a whole lot of scrolling before I get to the input folder. This is because the multiselect browser shows the following, in order from bottom to top:
- Local DB (8 items),
- all directories on user's Desktop (in my case about 20 items),
- Windows "users\username" directory (1 item),
- Windows "My Music" and "Public Music" directories (2 items),
- Root of drives with drive letters higher than the one the actual input is on (in my case: Drive "I:" and "G:" are higher than "F:" so 2 items),
- any directory in the root of the same drive that has the input files (so all directories in the root of "F:" - potentially many items),
- any directory that has the same parent directory as the input (i.e. all directories in "F:\music\" -- many items)

I suggest auto-focusing the view (i.e. scrolling up automatically) to the item(s) that are automatically selected (check marks).

b) auto-selection of items in the above scenario should be configurable by file type. I don't see the need to auto-select the audio files themselves in addition to the cue sheet. The cue is all you want, usually.

Thanks for considering + thanks for the fantastic program!
  • Last Edit: 08 December, 2017, 09:50:01 AM by wahnsinn