Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Why do my playlists (which play OK) not appear in the album list? (Read 2736 times) previous topic - next topic

Why do my playlists (which play OK) not appear in the album list?

Can someone explain this problem to me. 

On my server I created a folder called 'XYZ'  in that folder I deposited a '.pls' file.  It is from SomaFM.

Now I can go to my server and double click and it plays in foobar.

How come that Folder/file  will not show up in the album list in foobar?

I even triled to make a FPL ... Foobar play list and added that file and it will also play from the server but does not show up in the Foobar Album list... ???

Scratching head,,,, 

Reply #1
Album list derives its contents from media library not from playlists, you might need to configure your media library to add that particular folder.

Reply #2
Album list derives its contents from media library not from playlists, you might need to configure your media library to add that particular folder.

okay let me try that

Reply #3
yes, keyboard shortcut ctrl+p brings up the preferences then go to media library and add.

Reply #4
I added to the library but still does not show up.... is it because it is not a MP3 or flac file etc in the folder that it is not showing up?

here is a snap shot

Reply #5
Sorry, playlists can't be shown in album list. For that you need to use playlist manager.

Edit:

I meant to configure your library to add supported tracks files not adding playlists 

Reply #6
how do you add supported tracks?

maybe let me explain what I am trying to do...

If you find an internet radio station like on SomaFM .. you can play the .pls in foobar.

However in my configuration,  I use Foobar to play music using my HTPC hooked up to my receiver,  Then I use an app on my windows phone to control foobar.  so I can play all the music on my server,  I thought I could dump this file into my music folder and play it as well.

So do you see what I am doing here?!

Reply #7
Just goto file/load playlist and load the playlists then you would be able to control all your playlists inside foobar.

Reply #8
YA!!!!!!!! that works, on my phone I go to the play list tab and its in there.. and it plays from the app.

FOOBAR AWESOME!

Thanks prateek88