Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Component to resize album art (Read 7680 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Component to resize album art

Reply #25
Thanks for that!

Reply #27
Thanks for that! It worked very well. 👍👍👍
Off topic, could "the convert the front cover to JPG without resizing" feature be enhanced a bit more? For example: (1)cover.png, 5.5MB, 2000×2000px→cover.jpg, 550kb, 2000×2000px;(2)cover.jpg, 5.5MB, 2000×2000px→cover.jpg, 550kb, 2000×2000px.

Reply #28
Hi there.

Would it be possible to condense "Attach Front Cover" and "Cover Resizer" into a single component?

I would like a component that attaches front album cover to audio files, so that in the act of attaching it would already be possible to decide the size of the cover.

Thanks for the attention.

Reply #30
Thanks for reading my request.

Reply #33
What's the name of the component?

EDIT: foo cover resizer

I'm going to do a lot of tests, thanks!

Reply #34
Make sure you have the beta version uploaded today. By default GitHub hides "pre-release" files and you need to click on "Assets" link to reveal it. You don't want the old version from last month.

Reply #35
I've tested it on virtually all audio formats using various picture formats, the component is fast and obedient. It is becoming one of the most useful components for foobar2000! I made single and batch attachments, no failures detected.

I still wondered if it would be convenient to suggest to this component a checkbox with the option "Remove all except front", but looking closely at its proposal, I believe that would go beyond its nature.

In summary, this component was very good and is now excellent. My most sincere thanks for having answered one more request on my part.

Reply #36
Remove all except front already exists since the previous version. It's found under the Cover Utils submenu.

It just goes to show no one likes readme files.   :))

https://github.com/marc2k3/fb2k-component#foo_cover_resizer

Reply #37
Well... I have nothing to add then... I use this feature, I just thought it was contained in another component of yours, I forgot it was the same...  :-[

This component deserved to be listed in the official list of components of foobar2000. It is one of the most useful ones available right now. The same goes for foo_cover_info.

@snotlicker
You have made excellent contributions to the foobar2000 user community, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Reply #38
Thanks for the nice words but all the hard work is done by Peter, the developer of foobar2000. The foobar2000 SDK (software development kit) makes these things far simpler than they should be. There is no way I could add this functionality without the easy to use methods he provides.

I don't have to know or care about the target files if they're mp3/flac/m4a/whatever. I can't even begin to imagine how much code there is behind the scenes doing the actual work. We don't get to see that part due to closed source nature of foobar2000 itself but I'm sure it was a tremendous amount of effort to write!

Reply #39
Which software is necessary to write components? Microsoft Visual Studio?

Reply #42
Hi.

When I try to resize an album cover to 600px, the component always resizes to 500px. Incidentally, this happens with any value above 500px.

The component works correctly, with the intended size, when it inserts a new cover art in a file without a previous cover art. The problem only occurs when modifying a cover already inserted in the audio file.

I use the latest version of the component.

Reply #44
It works fine now, thanks.

Reply #49
@marc2k3 ,  Can you enhance the "Convert front covers to JPG without resizng" feature to only batch compress the cover file size, it doesn't matter if you convert the file format, you can compress png or jpg format.