Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Nero 6.3.0.3 (Read 21084 times) previous topic - next topic

Nero 6.3.0.3

Like every month... new Nero (V6.3.0.3) release
Release date of all packages: February 4th, 2004

See... http://www.nero.com/en/nero-prog.php or http://www.nero.com/en/nero-up.php

No changelog yet.

[edit 2004/02/06]
Changelog online (http://www.nero.com/en/631981153542585.html)
Changes from Nero 6.3.0.2 to 6.3.0.3

Features Added

Added support for new recorders
Bug Fixes

Nero Express:

Corrected message box in the "Erase Disc" dialog
VCD burning on image recorder fail in "preparing items" error message is solved
Nero BackItUp:

Corrected transfer data calculation algorithm for used sectors backup
NeroVision Express 2:

Improvement of the video quality with half picture element interpolation
Improved video auto-post-processing functionality
Solved a problem that caused sometimes a crash with mpeg-2 files while editing
Changes in profiles to report correct possible inputs for audio encoder
Sometimes the property window was not fully visible
.halverhahn

Nero 6.3.0.3

Reply #1
This new version seems to produce gapless mp4 files again. (confirmed with fb2k)

Nero 6.3.0.3

Reply #2
I see that Nero added support for the .m4a file extension (reading) in Nero in this update. It automatically recognizes M4A as a valid audio file extension. Thanks to Menno and Ivan for adding this. I appreciate it!

Now I don't have to rename M4A files to read them or play them in Nero...

I wonder what other fixes/changes are in this update.

Nero 6.3.0.3

Reply #3
I see that Nero added support for the .m4a file extension (reading) in Nero in this update. It automatically recognizes M4A as a valid audio file extension. Thanks to Menno and Ivan for adding this. I appreciate it!

clapping my hands for them :-)

does anybody know if there is a new aac encoder in the new nero ?
Sven Bent - Denmark

Nero 6.3.0.3

Reply #4
I think, Ivan or Menno will tell us more
FLAC --> MP3 (Lame 3.96.1: V5 --athaa-sensitivity 1)

Nero 6.3.0.3

Reply #5

clapping my hands for them :-)

does anybody know if there is a new aac encoder in the new nero ?

I get " Nero AAC Codec 2.6.1.9 " so it seems yes.

Nero 6.3.0.3

Reply #6
still BSOD's for me.
Nero must have severe memory leaks on specific configurations 
Dimitris

Nero 6.3.0.3

Reply #7
Strange, I get version 2.6.1.1 for aacenc32.dll after the update to Nero 6.3.0.3. Did I miss something?

Nero 6.3.0.3

Reply #8
Did you update NeroVision?

Nero 6.3.0.3

Reply #9
No just the main Nero program... I don't use Nero Vision (video stuff) so I don't have that loaded on my PC. Thought that the main Nero program update would update me to the latest concerning all things audio.

Nero 6.3.0.3

Reply #10
AACEnc 2.6.1.9 comes with different ATH from 2.6.1.1 and fine-tweaks of "Internet" VBR mode.

Nero 6.3.0.3

Reply #11
Why does the new Nero still include 2.6.1.1? And since gapless is fixed now, why wasn't there a new version number so as to avoid confusion?

Nero 6.3.0.3

Reply #12
The aacenc32.dll's version is 2.6.1.9 here, too.
As Garf said, you also need nve2108.exe to update it.

Nero 6.3.0.3

Reply #13
Why does the new Nero still include 2.6.1.1? And since gapless is fixed now, why wasn't there a new version number so as to avoid confusion?

Did i get this correctly?

- Nero comes with 2.6.1.1
- NVE comes with 2.6.1.9?

If this is true  - than it is probably because 2.6.1.9 was sent to install department when the Nero master was already built, and NVE was built later.

Nero 6.3.0.3

Reply #14
nice, but as usual when updating Nero, I have a problem with Nero Showtime taking over a long list of media types I prefer other players to handle, and I just can not seem to find the option to configure its filetypes.  Any advice?
Sr. Codec Engineer (video) | RealNetworks Codec Group | helixcommunity.org 
This information is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,  grants no rights, and reflects my personal opinion.

Nero 6.3.0.3

Reply #15

If this is true  - than it is probably because 2.6.1.9 was sent to install department when the Nero master was already built, and NVE was built later.

it's true, i just downloaded NVE2108.EXE only for the newer aacenc32.dll version

-andy-

Nero 6.3.0.3

Reply #16
nice, but as usual when updating Nero, I have a problem with Nero Showtime taking over a long list of media types I prefer other players to handle, and I just can not seem to find the option to configure its filetypes.  Any advice?

Yes, Nerovision Express does association hijacking for Nero Showtime. I told menno about this (among other things), but maybe they want to keep it like this. To my knowledge, there's no way to change associations from within Showtime. You have to re-assign all filetypes yourself.

Nero 6.3.0.3

Reply #17

Yes Ivan, it appears this is correct (that 2.6.1.1) was included in the Nero main program update.

Nero 6.3.0.3

Reply #18
Yes, Nerovision Express does association hijacking for Nero Showtime. I told menno about this (among other things), but maybe they want to keep it like this. To my knowledge, there's no way to change associations from within Showtime. You have to re-assign all filetypes yourself.

Now THAT is shameful. And very annoying. It must be the only "popular" media player that does that - everything else I can think of now (QuickTime, Real, MPC, ZoomPlayer, Winamp, WMP...) asks users if - and what - they want to associate or not.

Nero 6.3.0.3

Reply #19
I did a few tests this morning regarding the gapless playback issue with Nero 6303.  The following tests produced gapless playback:

1.  Rip and encode in Nero 6303.
2.  Rip in Foobar and call Nero encoder on the fly from Foobar.
3.  Rip to wav in EAC and convert to MP4 in Nero 6303 in a separate step.
4.  Rip to wav in EAC and convert to M4A calling Nero encoder from Foobar.

However, using nencode and tg.exe with EAC did not produce gapless playback.  I think it would be nice if there was a better way to use the Nero AAC encoder from EAC, perhaps on the fly as Foobar does it.  That would also eliminate the darn console windows from opening all over the place.

edit:
NB, problem with nencode solved, see below.

Nero 6.3.0.3

Reply #20
Hmm yes, stealing extensions is not so nice 
With so many people complaining I'm sure something will be done about this.

Menno

Nero 6.3.0.3

Reply #21
However, using nencode and tg.exe with EAC did not produce gapless playback.

AFAIK (never used it myself) Nencode uses Nero DLL's in it's own directory, not directly from the Nero AudioPlugins directory. So you probably have to overwrite the old ones in your Nencode directory (NOTE: I am not sure).

I can't imagine how it is possible that Nencode creates different output while using the same DLL's.

Menno

Nero 6.3.0.3

Reply #22
@menno

You are exactly right.  After the last post I realized that I had not updated the Nero dll's in the nencode directory.  After the update nencode produced gapless playback.  Good job guys.

By the way, it is possible to extract the aacenc32.dll from the nve installer using winrar, in case you want to play with that and not install NVE.

Nero 6.3.0.3

Reply #23
Or is an update to the 6.3.0.3 Main Nero package with aacenc32.dll version 2.6.1.9 included coming out soon? I prefer not to install all the video apps so I can apply the NVE updates.

Thanks again to Ivan and Menno for the excellent job at adding new features to Nero. I greatly appreciate the .M4A filename reading support!

Hopefully with the new codec you guys at Nero will come up near (or at) the top of rjamorim's upcoming AAC test results.
I know the MP3 test results haven't come out yet... just forward looking to the AAC test

Nero 6.3.0.3

Reply #24
@quest

You can extract aacenc32.dll from either the NVE or neromix installers using winrar.  You do not have to install either of the additional apps.  I am willing to bet that the NBR installer is updated without a version change, Ahead has done this sort of thing before.