Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Discussion of "Default UI Gallery" (Read 377116 times) previous topic - next topic

Discussion of "Default UI Gallery"

Reply #225
Hey guys, pardon me if this is a stupid question... but the Default UI configurations can be saved as .fth files, right? The Default UI Gallery thread has a bunch of screenshots but no .fth files. As much as it's cool to customize on your own, I would like to just pick a sweet configuration that someone else made and import it. Is that not possible?

That is possible, but you'll need the font(s) (s)he uses in a config, they're not saved into the .fth file (of course).
Icons are saved, cover-not-found images aren't, so you'll need your own. I can share mine but no one asked for it

Reply #226
Hey guys, pardon me if this is a stupid question... but the Default UI configurations can be saved as .fth files, right? The Default UI Gallery thread has a bunch of screenshots but no .fth files. As much as it's cool to customize on your own, I would like to just pick a sweet configuration that someone else made and import it. Is that not possible?

My fth file is above, so are the custom icons.  The only thing that I can not give is the font that I use.
I found a lot of fth files at various places in these forums, some work well and others you have to play around with it to get it to look the same.  My theme will not look the same on another computer if you run it at full screen.  Good luck on finding a theme that you like.

Reply #227
Jamen Shook thank you for your answer! Spectrum is ok, but the stars no...  I have installed the font you mention but I still see, for example "iii" istead of 3 stars. How do you put the stars? I mean you have created the icons or they are from the plugin?

Reply #228
Jamen Shook thank you for your answer! Spectrum is ok, but the stars no...  I have installed the font you mention but I still see, for example "iii" istead of 3 stars. How do you put the stars? I mean you have created the icons or they are from the plugin?

Do they display incorrectly everywhere or only in the selection properties element? If it is that latter you will have to install East Asian Fonts by going to Control Panel - Regional and Language Options - Languages. Note that you will need your Windows Install Disc (this if for XP by the way though I imagine it's similar for Vista)

If you don't want to deal with that you could replace the selections properties element with foosion's text display element fairly easily.

To the Developers: I realize this behavior is not exactly a bug, but it is certainly not very intuitive, is there any way ratings written by the official playback statistics could be displayed by any Unicode font instead of having to install East Asian Font support?
Ignorance is bliss.

Reply #229

Do they display incorrectly everywhere or only in the selection properties element? If it is that latter you will have to install East Asian Fonts by going to Control Panel - Regional and Language Options - Languages. Note that you will need your Windows Install Disc (this if for XP by the way though I imagine it's similar for Vista)

If you don't want to deal with that you could replace the selections properties element with foosion's text display element fairly easily.

To the Developers: I realize this behavior is not exactly a bug, but it is certainly not very intuitive, is there any way ratings written by the official playback statistics could be displayed by any Unicode font instead of having to install East Asian Font support?

I never installed East Asian Fonts.  Where do you check for that?  I have a basic Win XP laptop with Office loaded on it.  I have looked everywhere for those fonts.  Any help would be appreciated.  I do not want to have someone install something that they do not need. Thanks

Could you take a screen shot and pm me with that photo?  I did not do anything special to get it to display, only had to make sure that the font was installed.  I found this code else where in these forums
$pad($repeat(?,%rating%), 5,) to actually display the stars in the rating column under the pattern field.
I have tried to get the iii on my setup and can not.  Even if I choose another font it may be boxes or circles but never iii.

Reply #230
to the above poster;
I had same problem but after changeing code in default/playlist view/pattern from what you had to;
Code: [Select]
$repeat($char(9733),%rating%)$repeat($char(9734),$sub(5,%rating%))

it worked.

Not to be a pain but, does anyone have any other fonts that aren't so plain looking that has stars for ratings?

I was using avalon from someones dark blue theme but no stars and the current unicode thingy is just to professional for me.

Any fonts that are readable, gothic/metal'ish, horror  looking would do.

Heck maybe another symbol instead...crosses, plus sign (blah!) ...any ideas?

Reply #231
I never installed East Asian Fonts.  Where do you check for that?  I have a basic Win XP laptop with Office loaded on it.  I have looked everywhere for those fonts.  Any help would be appreciated.  I do not want to have someone install something that they do not need. Thanks

This is a mistake on my part, I had remembered seeing this post, however I never read the person who was having the problems response. Perhaps it wasn't applicable or maybe it was an issue that has been fixed, I don't really no. Sorry for any confusion my post caused.
Ignorance is bliss.

Reply #232

This is a mistake on my part, I had remembered seeing this post, however I never read the person who was having the problems response. Perhaps it wasn't applicable or maybe it was an issue that has been fixed, I don't really no. Sorry for any confusion my post caused.

No Problem here, I just wanted to make sure that I did not install something that I did not even know about.  Problems with fonts can be a real pain at times, I try to use the character map to see what can and can not be displayed.  Thanks for the response.

Reply #233
ok, Ironwalker Iwrote your code but nothing... Again "iii". Then I noticed that Jamen Shook's  code in my foobar playlist preference is
$pad($repeat(SQUARE HERE ✩,%rating%), 5,) . Ichanged the square to "*" and I saw "*" in the playlist but "iii" again in the info box. So it has to do with both fond and code. Any ideas? What is the character number for the star symbol?

Reply #234
If I have a Facet with only 'Artists' visible, can I select an artist, and have the albums of that particular artist show up underneath the selection, like I can with the default album list?

Reply #235
Problem solved! As Jamen Shook said in the first place, I had to install the arial unicode MS. Well, I had Arial, not arial unicode which comes with the office 2007( not 2003 which I have). So, now I see everything alright, both the playlist stars and the  info  box stars! Thanks for helping me!!

Reply #236
If I have a Facet with only 'Artists' visible, can I select an artist, and have the albums of that particular artist show up underneath the selection, like I can with the default album list?

Yes you can.

Go to Preferences -> Media Library -> Facets and set Select change to either "Send to the Facets playlist" or "Send to the current playlist" (depending on which playlist you want to use).

Reply #237
Thanks Jamen Shook, it works. I had noticed foobar buttons were customizable but :
- I had never tried it before,
- I didn't know that one could associate custom buttons to custom scripts. That's great. So now I can have 6 custom rating buttons (0 to 5) in my DUI.

Thanks again.

Reply #239
iam not to used to posting links to photos on these forums so how do i post a small image of my foobar that once clicked will open in a new window with the full sized photo? thanks

Reply #240
Go to an image hosting site such as ImageShack, click on the "Choose..." button and find the image you wish to upload. When you've selected the image, click on the "Host It!" button.

After the image has been uploaded to ImageShack just copy the text from the "Thumbnail for Forums (1)" line into your "Add Reply" box and you're done.

Reply #241
aha thanks muchly

Reply #243
Awesome ! How have you done to display the lyrics ? What plugins ? What configuration ?

Thanks in advance !

Hi,

Its foo_textdisplay, read about it here: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=64478

I added it to a new tab, and used this code:

%artist% - %title%$crlf()
$repeat($char(9733),%rating%)$repeat($char(9734),$sub(5,%rating%))$crlf()
$crlf()
$if(%lyrics%,%lyrics%,No lyrics)

This shows on top Artist - Track Title, followed by rating below and lyrics after, like this:

foobar > *

Reply #244
Is there a way to add a column to the Playlist View that shows the albums cover?

Reply #245
Is there a way to add a column to the Playlist View that shows the albums cover?

So far, only when using columns_ui, not the default UI. It offers a playlist view named NG Playlist which offers exactly what you request.

Reply #246
So far, only when using columns_ui, not the default UI. It offers a playlist view named NG Playlist which offers exactly what you request.

Thanks a ton. That worked perfectly, to bad the default UI doesn't have such a view.

Reply #247
starchaos,  is that  Album/ Artist tab on the upper left corner for an artist image as well in that box?

Thanks!

Reply #248

Just something simple and easy.

Could you tell me for what you use the Audioscrobbler button and how you could get the artist info in the upper right corner?