Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Blue Sky eXo2 preamp (Read 3239 times) previous topic - next topic

Blue Sky eXo2 preamp

Does anybody know how well the Blue Sky eXo2 preamp would fare as a headphone amp?

http://abluesky.com/products/exo2-new/

I own a set of these speakers and I'm not sure whether I'd need another headphone amp for AKG K701/Beyerdynamics Dt 880 600 Ohms. The preamp has a dedicated headphone jack, but I can't find it's specifications anywhere. If it was a big upgrade in terms of soundquality (one that actually can be heard) I'd probably get an O2 diy-kit.

Blue Sky eXo2 preamp

Reply #2
Wow, thank you. Must completely have overlooked that bit.

Now would that be good enough to drive Dt 880 600 Ohms or even a HD800? Or would a dedicated headphone amp give an audibly better soundquality?

Blue Sky eXo2 preamp

Reply #3
Wow, thank you. Must completely have overlooked that bit.

Now would that be good enough to drive Dt 880 600 Ohms or even a HD800? Or would a dedicated headphone amp give an audibly better soundquality?

The specs provided  is not complete enough to accurately estimate the performance with other load impedances.

The performance into 16 ohm loads is IMO pretty weak.

Blue Sky eXo2 preamp

Reply #4
Hm, something to think about. Shouldn't be a problem with 600 Ohm headphones though, right?

Blue Sky eXo2 preamp

Reply #5
It'll probably sound fine, but it may not be a loud as you'd like depending on how sensitive the headphones are.  Try it and see.