Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: delay/silence moving the seekbar with dbpoweramp/ssrc resampler on (Read 699 times) previous topic - next topic

delay/silence moving the seekbar with dbpoweramp/ssrc resampler on

Hi
I have found a strange glitch or behavior with dbpoweramp/ssrc resampler in the dsp , when i move the seek bar forward or backward there is a delay with silence about 1 sec or more

foobar2000 v2.1.5 32bit portable with few components just for testing , windows 7 sp1 64bit pro , windows 10 pro 64bit ,Windows 11 23H2 64bit pro and Windows 10 22H2 pro 64bit , on several laptops with different dacs and cpu with these settings and i have tried to increase/decrease the buffer without luck

I have found out it's the dbpoweramp/ssrc resampler component build in with these components

but if i change the resampler to sox resampler compiled by @Case   here I guess it's the last version is 0.8.7+   the problem does disapear , no lag/delay/silence anymore

I have posted here because i tought it's the build in foobar resampler ,and i got the same glitch or behavior on several laptops and cpu

thanks

Re: delay/silence moving the seekbar with dbpoweramp/ssrc resampler on

Reply #1
Why not just continue to use Case's newly tuned and optimized SoX resampler (0.8.7+) in all your DSP chains then??  No quality compromise there at all.  Make it easy on yourself, francesco.

Reply #2
@francesco: the delay is caused by the resampler component initializing its internal tables. When you seek in a track foobar2000 nukes all DSPs and sets them up again with new data flowing from the new position - this way no DSP can misbehave and not flush its memory. As @sveakul said, using a faster resampler is a good fix.

Reply #3
Why not just continue to use Case's newly tuned and optimized SoX resampler (0.8.7+) in all your DSP chains then??  No quality compromise there at all.  Make it easy on yourself, francesco.
Hi sveakul
Yes ,I use the SoX resampler (0.8.7+) , i was wondering about delay/glitches/silence pause since it's build in dsp
thanks

@francesco: the delay is caused by the resampler component initializing its internal tables. When you seek in a track foobar2000 nukes all DSPs and sets them up again with new data flowing from the new position - this way no DSP can misbehave and not flush its memory. As @sveakul said, using a faster resampler is a good fix.
Hi Case
well , i got it ,that's why even the foobar2000 built in Equalizer dsp does take time to change the sound
thanks