Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Exact Audio Copy v1.7 [now v1.8] (Read 1740 times) previous topic - next topic

Exact Audio Copy v1.7 [now v1.8]

Exact Audio Copy v1.7 released

Homepage:
http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

Download:
https://www.exactaudiocopy.de/en/index.php/resources/download/

Changelog July 13, 2024:
- Standard setup now using AccurateRip meta instead of gnudb.org for metadata retrieval
- AccurateRip meta does not yet support submissions, but will be in the future
- Updated the Musicbrainz Metadata plugin, for better CD information, more covers & lyrics
- Removed freedb integration completely (including genre selection, etc.)
- Updated flac and CTDB applications in the EAC setup
- Fixed and new command line parameters
- Fixed problem of using the wrong browser when opening a link
- Found a problem with communication with AcoustID via the plugin

Exact Audio Copy v1.8 released

Changelog July 14, 2024:
- There was a small problem with version 1.7 when using it as fresh install on a new computer. In that case, no email address was set and thus the metadata retrieval failed. Here comes version 1.8, which should fix this problem.

MOD edited

Re: Exact Audio Copy v1.7 [now v1.8]

Reply #1
Great!  3.5 years since 1.6, great to see!!  Thanks for the heads up!

Reply #3
July 14, 2024
There was a small problem with version 1.7 when using it as fresh install on a new computer. In that case, no email address was set and thus the metadata retrieval failed. Here comes version 1.8, which should fix this problem.
korth

Reply #4
Because of some concerns regarding freedb/gnudb, I removed the freedb support completely, including freedb genre, etc.
What concerns were there?
Allegari nihil et allegatum non probare, paria sunt.

Reply #7
Hi.

I think I found a bug in this version.

When you press the "Eject" icon and leave the pointer above the icon, the CD will eject but it will maintain the CD dashboard details - it will not refresh - even if you place a new CD - as long as you keep the pointer over the icon. If you move off the pointer then it will refresh or go blank after the CD is ejected. If you press the icon and move the pointer off immediately, it will behave as the same as ejecting by the drive eject button.

Can anyone confirm whether this used to be this way in the last version or whether this is really new?

Thanks.

Reply #8
Not duplicating. Win 11 Pro, EAC v1.8
X
korth

Reply #9
Hi. I'm suspecting this happens with 1 hour long CDs. I'm going to make a GIF...

Reply #10
Right. I got it "reproduced" in this GIF. The resolution is crap, but it helps to see more or less what happens.
I also noticed that the reverse happens - when the disc is ejected and you press again, the command to load is the next command. If you load up with the icon and do not move the pointer out, the dashboard will remain blank until you move it off that icon.

Reply #11
Another unfixed Bugs:
I like to use the Flac format with embedded cue sheet for archiving CDs and was surprised that sometimes the Flac archive generation fails.

That's a bit mean. The RollingsStone CD producers like to use characters in the CD title that are not allowed in file names. In this particular case 06/24.

EAC also detects this and replaces the characters. But in the %CUESHEET% macro, the original CD title with the illegal character is returned as the file name, while EAC has created the CUE sheet with the corrected file names.
X
Another Bug:
I actually use the wave editor in EAC to generate CUE sheets automatically.

There is still the old bug that the complete file path is written into the sheet:
FILE "D:\Music\Beth_Gibbons_Live_11-05-24-BR2.wav" WAVE
TRACK 01 AUDIO
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 AUDIO
INDEX 01 04:04:32
TRACK 03 AUDIO
INDEX 01 09:18:38
TRACK 04 AUDIO
INDEX 01 12:58:50
TRACK 05 AUDIO
INDEX 01 18:30:30
TRACK 06 AUDIO
INDEX 01 23:10:18
TRACK 07 AUDIO
INDEX 01 26:43:15
TRACK 08 AUDIO
INDEX 01 30:49:01
TRACK 09 AUDIO
INDEX 01 34:44:00

I reported both bugs in early June, but got no response.

Reply #12
Another unfixed Bugs:
I like to use the Flac format with embedded cue sheet for archiving CDs and was surprised that sometimes the Flac archive generation fails.

That's a bit mean. The RollingsStone CD producers like to use characters in the CD title that are not allowed in file names. In this particular case 06/24.

EAC also detects this and replaces the characters. But in the %CUESHEET% macro, the original CD title with the illegal character is returned as the file name, while EAC has created the CUE sheet with the corrected file names.

i wrote nonsens: EAC has no %CUESHEET%-Macro. 
For this reason, I had created a file name for the CUE sheet from the macros "%albumartist% - %albumtitle%.cue" some years ago.
It would be nice if EAC had a macro for this.
Sorry for the noise.