Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: TagScanner help - Generating with placeholders and functions (Read 2419 times) previous topic - next topic

TagScanner help - Generating with placeholders and functions

Hi, I'm hoping I can get some help with tagscanner here, as there doesn't seem to be any other avenues for help (besides the manual)

I'm trying to generate tags for mp3s, but I'm having trouble with syntax when it comes to using the place holders.
My songs have a file name in the following format:
Album-Tracknumber - Artist - TrackName

e.g. Currents-01 - Tame Impala - Let it Happen

I can put %album% - %artist% - %title% and it will give me the correct Artist and Title, however the album number is grouped with the track number, so the album is called Currents-01, when I only want it to be Currents.
How can I split up the album and track number?
I tried using the functions $right(x,n) $len(x) and $cut(x,n) etc. But I don't know how to define what "x" is. And it so it doesn't change anything.

Can anyone help?

Cheers.

Re: TagScanner help - Generating with placeholders and functions

Reply #1
Where's your placeholder for the "Tracknumber"?
%album%-%track% - %artist% - %title%
korth

Re: TagScanner help - Generating with placeholders and functions

Reply #2
Wow easy as that huh, just needed the little -
Thanks! 8)