Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: audacity - editing audio problems (Read 1443 times) previous topic - next topic

audacity - editing audio problems

hey, sorry if this is in the wrong place -

i just started ripping vinyl records again, and whenever i click on the waveform to select audio to cut, the marker jumps to the next second, and it didn't the last time i used it. for example, if i click on the audio between 1.0 seconds 1.5, it will bring me up to 2 seconds instead, and this makes it hard to edit the audio, as it doesnt let me choose exactly what i want to select. is there anyway to change this so the point i click on the audio is exactly where the marker will be?

Reply #1
Down in the bottom right corner, next to the "Selection Start" time, there's a check box for turning snapping on or off - I'm guessing it's checked.
"Not sure what the question is, but the answer is probably no."

Reply #2
 i never realized i hit that button, thanks for the help!