Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Biography Discussion (Read 225007 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Biography Discussion

Reply #175
I expect any working components are pure C++ and don't need Internet Explorer.

Reply #176
I expect any working components are pure C++ and don't need Internet Explorer.

Sorry failed to get your point as I am very novice in this field.
Is it possible to activate internet explorer in Windows 2012 core mode so that the scripts could run?

Reply #179
New Version: JScript Biography 0.8.1

CHANGELOG

CHG: Various refinements, e.g. moved some heading and title settings from panel properties to layout menu to make layout adjustment easier.

ADD: Image [Cover] Check Custom Paths. Default is disabled which gives automatic loading of covers via foobar2000 album art reader and through checking save location, which should suffice for most users. If enabled, additionally checks custom cover paths first. Aimed at users who have front covers saved with illegal character replacement schemes not supported by the foobar2000 album art reader. To use, enable and set paths in "Server Settings" (biography.ini) > ADVANCED heading.

CHG: Album cover auto-download: made set-up easier. Fetched covers are now automatically loaded from the save location, if the location hasn't been added to foobar2000 album art reader front cover search patterns.

Reply #180
Thank you SO MUCH for this! I appreciate your continuous effort very much  ;) . Works perfectly for me with the following script:

Code: [Select]
$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)Cover\$replace(%album artist% - %album%,/,_,\,_,|,_,:,_,*,_,",_,<,_,>,_,?,_) '['%date%']'

Reply #181
New Version: JScript Biography 0.8.1

I recently updated to .81 from .76 and reviews are no longer appearing?

I initially did not reset the biography.ini paths, so files were writing to the default yttm folder paths.

For example the band !!! (bio *did* download) & album "Shake the Shudder" (review *did not* download).
However there are reviews for both LFM+AM available and they both exist in my previous .76 custom path.

I updated the biography.ini to match my old path structure and after verifying that it was writing there correctly (new artist images appeared) the AllMusic review still did not display, even though the review file "!!! - Shake the Shudder.txt" does exist.
Therefore it is not downloading new review, nor is the old review file displaying.

UPDATE: actually I just noticed a 404 error for the review in the console, but that doesn't explain why it is not displaying the existing review?

any ideas?

Reply #182
If you are using more than one biography panel please ensure that both are updated to 0.8.1 before updating server settings in biography.ini, to make sure there is no interference from the two versions. Perhaps you also need to update the "NAME" definitions as you didn't mention that. When its all installed & updated just finally check server settings are correct after restarting foobar2000 again.

If that doesn't resolve the issue then I need more info:

Please post the settings in biography.ini & a windows explorer screen shot that enables me to see the exact file path and name its trying to load from. Also please also post a screen shot of the music file properties, i.e. metadata showing the tags for artist, album artist & album.

Reply #183
If you are using more than one biography panel please ensure that both are updated to 0.8.1 before updating server settings in biography.ini, to make sure there is no interference from the two versions. Perhaps you also need to update the "NAME" definitions as you didn't mention that.

I did update 2 panels and made sure the biography.ini stuck after a restart.

My biography.ini .81:

[AUTO-FETCH]
Biography [Allmusic] Auto-Fetch=1
Biography [Lastfm] Auto-Fetch=1
Album Review [Allmusic] Auto-Fetch=1
Album Review [Lastfm] Auto-Fetch=1
Image [Artist] Auto-Fetch=1
Image [Cover] Auto-Fetch=0
[NAMES]
%BIO_ALBUMARTIST%=$if3($meta(album artist,0),$meta(artist,0),$meta(composer,0),$meta(performer,0))
%BIO_ARTIST%=$if3($meta(artist,0),$meta(album artist,0),$meta(composer,0),$meta(performer,0))
%BIO_ALBUM%=$replace($meta(album,0),'(Live) ',)
[PATHS]
Album Review [Allmusic] Folder Location=S:\Jukebox Hero\foobar2000\wsh_lastfm\artists\%BIO_ARTIST%\Allmusic
Album Review [Lastfm] Folder Location=S:\Jukebox Hero\foobar2000\wsh_lastfm\artists\%BIO_ARTIST%\Lastfm
Biography [Allmusic] Folder Location=S:\Jukebox Hero\foobar2000\wsh_lastfm\artists\%BIO_ARTIST%\Allmusic
Biography [Lastfm] Folder Location=S:\Jukebox Hero\foobar2000\wsh_lastfm\artists\%BIO_ARTIST%\Lastfm
Image [Artist] Folder Location=S:\Jukebox Hero\foobar2000\wsh_lastfm\artists\%BIO_ARTIST%
Image [Cover] Folder Location=$directory_path(%path%)
Image [Cover] File Name=cover

[MISCELLANEOUS]
Album Name Auto-Clean=0
Album Review [Allmusic] Include Partial Matches=1
Album Review & Cover [Lastfm] Use Lastfm Autocorrect=1
Cache Expiry (days: minimum 28)=28
Image [Artist] Auto-Add New=1
Image [Artist] Fetch Number (maximum 20)=20
Image [Artist] Cycle Time (seconds)=15
Lastfm Server=www.last.fm
Lastfm Server Fallback To www.last.fm=0
Mouse Left Button Click: Map To Double-Click=0
Show More Tags=1
Various Artists=Various Artists
[ADVANCED]
Image [Cover] Check Custom Paths=0
Image [Cover] Custom Path 1=
Image [Cover] Custom Path 2=
Image [Cover] Custom Path 3=
Image [Cover] Custom Path 4=
Image [Cover] Custom Path 5=

.76:

[AUTO-FETCH]
Biography [Allmusic] Auto-Fetch=1
Biography [Lastfm] Auto-Fetch=1
Album Review [Allmusic] Auto-Fetch=1
Album Review [Lastfm] Auto-Fetch=1
Image [Artist] Auto-Fetch=1
Image [Cover] Auto-Fetch=0
[NAMES]
album artist name=$if3($meta(artist,0),$meta(album artist,0),$meta(composer,0),$meta(performer,0))
artist name=$if3($meta(artist,0),$meta(album artist,0),$meta(composer,0),$meta(performer,0))
album name=$replace($meta(album,0),'(Live) ',)
[PATHS]
Album Review [Allmusic] Folder Location=S:\Jukebox Hero\foobar2000\wsh_lastfm\artists\artist name\Allmusic
Album Review [Lastfm] Folder Location=S:\Jukebox Hero\foobar2000\wsh_lastfm\artists\artist name\Lastfm
Biography [Allmusic] Folder Location=S:\Jukebox Hero\foobar2000\wsh_lastfm\artists\artist name\Allmusic
Biography [Lastfm] Folder Location=S:\Jukebox Hero\foobar2000\wsh_lastfm\artists\artist name\Lastfm
Image [Artist] Folder Location=S:\Jukebox Hero\foobar2000\wsh_lastfm\artists\artist name
Image [Cover] Folder Location=$directory_path(%path%)
Image [Cover] File Name=cover
[MISCELLANEOUS]
Album Review [Allmusic] Include Partial Matches=1
Album Review & Cover [Lastfm] Use Lastfm Autocorrect=1
Cache Expiry (days: minimum 28)=28
Image [Artist] Auto-Add New=1
Image [Artist] Cycle Time (seconds)=15
Lastfm Server=www.last.fm
Lastfm Server Fallback To www.last.fm=0
Mouse Left Button Click: Map To Double-Click=0
Show More Tags=0
Various Artists=Various Artists
Album Name Auto-Clean=0

thanks for your help - you really go above and beyond with your support

btw, I rolled .ini and scripts back to .76 and it works fine (pulls existing reviews and no 404s)

Reply #184
Those server settings seemed fine. However, there is a discrepancy in the album artist definition, but since that apparently isn't being used (based on the info posted) it didn't seem to matter??? I wasn't able to reproduce the issue you reported:

I tested your posted server settings (after just changing drive letter) in a 2 panel layout with artist: !!! and album: Shake the Shudder
1) JScript Biography 0.7.6 & ini labelled as 0.76 > All bios, reviews & artist images were obtained & displayed properly.
2) Next, imported 0.8.1 into both & copied in your 0.8.1 server settings, saved ini & restarted fb2k. All bios, reviews & artist images loaded & displayed properly. I removed them & upon playing tracks all bios, reviews & artist images were obtained again & displayed properly. No 404s.

So essentially, based on that it should work.

Reply #186
Thanks WilB!
What is the opposite of music?

Reply #187
Is there any way to use MBID to query last.fm API through this script?

Reply #188
@WilB

An incidental finding:
I've got two albums with the same name: Discipline.
The script isn't able to parse the name correctly, it's shortened to pline, as in

King Crimson - pline
Janet Jackson - pline

Resulting in no reviews.
Found on my up-to-date standard installation and on a fresh, portable foobar2000 1.3.15 + JScript Panel 1.2.3 + Biography script 0.8.2.
Further examination suggests that this odd behaviour was introduced in Biography script 0.7.5.
I haven't got any other albums beginning with Disci...; Disco and Discretion and Disclosure are OK.
Can you shed some light on this minor but strange issue?

And thank very much you for the script! (I still use romor's old vbs script as well for nostalgia's sake more or less.)

Reply #189
Hi WilB,
Quite often, you're script can't find a review for an album because there is just no review available on Allmusic/Lastfm. I don't know if you're still trying to impove your (great) script, but if you do, it would be great to allow users to copy/paste missing reviews. Marc2003 biography script used to work like this and it was quite a useful feature I think.

Reply #190
Hey WilB, great script.

I'm not too familiar with the capabilities of Jscript, so a quick question... Is it possible to add a drop shadow to the text in this script? Could you or anyone else point me to where I would change that, if that's the case?

I've been using the Panel Stack Splitter and you can do it there, but that's using pretty simple title format scripting. I'm just trying to get this script to match the rest of my setup.

Thanks

Reply #191
Hey, it's me again! ;)

I've been enjoying the script for a while now (it rocks!), but found out an odd thing the other day. Even though I have the number of fetched artist pictures set to 1, sometimes it downloads 5 of them and I don't know why. It might be related to me going through different songs fast (just a wild guess), but I feel like this should be addressed anyway. Unfortunately, I can't reproduce it consistently, but if I check my local files after a listening session, I can always find some artists with 5 images instead of just 1. I can provide more information if needed. Thanks for your feedback.

Reply #192
Hi, is it possible to change the blur strength of the background artist or cover pic?
LG Frank

Reply #193
Hi WilB
For my view by Band (album artist) I'm using;
View by Band // $if2($swapprefix([$meta(band,0)],A,The), 'Non Album')|$if($stricmp($meta(band,0),various artists),,['('%date%') '])%album%[|Disk %discnumber%]|[%tracknumber% ][%track artist% - ]%title%

This works great for albums without a disk number field ie I get;
1st node: band
2nd node: (date) album
3rd node: track number etc

On an album with a disc number I get;
2nd node: (date) album - Disk 1 ((date) album - Disk 2 etc)
3rd node: track number etc

What I'm aiming for is;
2nd node: (date) album
3rd node: Disk 1 (Disk 2 etc)
4th node: track number etc

I hope the above is clear.

Reply #194
New Version: JScript Biography 0.8.3

ADD: Option to set background blur level used by dark & light themes (panel properties: "ADV.Image Blur Background Level...").
ADD: Option to paste in reviews and biographies: Menu > Sources > "Paste From Clipboard". A flag, either "Custom Biography" or "Custom Review", is used to stop JScript Biography from trying to auto-update any custom biographies & reviews and that should be left in place. "Force Update" overrides the flag. Menu items grayed in image only mode or if no clipboard data or required artist / album names missing.
FIX: Rare cases where album names were being incorrectly processed.

@PeteG. Issue should be fixed (see above).
@YOGAM. Added option to copy/paste missing reviews (see above).
@culinko. I suspect auto-add new images is enabled, which would give that behaviour (see documentation). So all you should need to do is disable that. In biography.ini set: Image [Artist] Auto-Add New=0
@DJ FRANK G. Added option to change the blur strength of the background artist or cover pic (see above).
@Rd1452002. Mostly the script is using protocols that don't support MBID.
@Ricksteele. Shadow effects are possible through altering the appropriate gr.GdiDrawText functions, but I didn't find drop shadow helpful - it resulted in the text being less readable. A second preceding line of text with a 1 pixel x & y offset in an opposing colour or other text draw functions that the component provides can be used for shadow effects.

Reply #196
Thanks for the update WilB! Much appreciated!
What is the opposite of music?

Reply #197
Hi WilB
I use several copies of your Biography script. All is working well except...

I store all my music in T:\Music\. When I get some new music I copy it into S:\Inbox\. I then listen to it to see if I like it and then process and tag it before copying it to T:\Music\. Your script quite correctly gathers artist pictures and biogs. whilst I'm listening to music on my S: drive and at the moment creates folders on the T: drive. What I'd like if for the script to detct that the track is on the S: drive and store the pics and biogs. on the S: drive. Then, if I don't keep the music/artist I don't have to delete the folder creted on the T: drive.

So I thought of setting the folder location in biography.ini to:
Biography [Allmusic] Folder Location=$if($stricmp($left(%path%,1),T),T:\Music, S:\Inbox\AATemp)\%BIO_ARTIST%

but this creates a folder 'C:\Music, S-\Inbox\AATemp\'.

It looks like the setting in biography.ini isn't being parsed by foobar's title formatting function.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply #198
Essentially the parser in JScript biography doesn't support conditional paths & folders (from the biography.ini help: Conditional folders are not supported). May be the parser could be written differently...

Reply #199
thank you so much for this!!!!