Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CLI (OSX & Linux) tool to embed artwork in ogg (Read 3231 times) previous topic - next topic

CLI (OSX & Linux) tool to embed artwork in ogg

I'm looking for a tool that I can run from a script, compiles/runs in both Linux and OSX, and will add a jpg to an .ogg file using the METADATA_BLOCK_PICTURE tag.
I was hoping that either vorbiscomment or oggz-comment would support them since they are standard tools but neither do.

Thanks.

Reply #1
If this is of any help, the latest MP3Tag can be run on latest WINE pretty good.
It is adding the tag you want in Vorbis files... perhaps you should give it a try (at least if you are on Linux).

Reply #2
I was looking for the same thing a while ago and also couldn't find a suitable command line tool.  I notice that the METADATA_BLOCK_PICTURE tag is still only a proposed field name http://wiki.xiph.org/VorbisComment.  It's a little frustrating that I can use commands/script every aspect of audio ripping/encoding/tagging except this, and I'm still using graphical tools for adding images to ogg vorbis (writing to the coverart field).