Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: maybe a bug, maybe not.. (Read 2597 times) previous topic - next topic

maybe a bug, maybe not..

today i listened some mp3's in headphones. when i started another mp3, some strange metallic sound in right headphone appeared.. i don't know how to say that, it was like an effect, because it was caused by the music.. then i stopped playback and started again, and mp3 played normally, without this metallic sound. what could that be?

i'm using SB Live 1024 Value, latest kX drivers (3531)
fb2k configuration: resampling to 48khz enabled, replaygain enabled (album mode), "use peak info to scale down ..." option enabled, output to 16bit fixed-point with dithering. output mode: kernel streaming.

maybe a bug, maybe not..

Reply #1
Sounds more like a driver issue.  Switch output mode to DirectSound and see if it happens again.  I don't know how well the kX drivers handle kernel streaming.  You could also try ASIO output.  If you still have problems, it could be a more general kX issue.

maybe a bug, maybe not..

Reply #2
the thing is i have no problems with kernel streaming  it was only one time i had such problem and it never repeated again..