Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: AIFF tags reading and writing - feature proposal (Read 914 times) previous topic - next topic

AIFF tags reading and writing - feature proposal

Hello.

For several months Beatport offers files in AIFF container. So we have files that are still lossless PCM with one great benefit over WAVEs sold by them - they contain metadata - artists, tracknames, label names and even embedded covers. Unfortunately I could't feel benefits of any AIFFs bought at Beatport as my beloved audio player doesn't support reading and writing metadata tags to AIFF contained files... Is it possible to implement such functionality in next foobar2000 release?

Additionally I got another feature propsal.
In foobar it's easy to add text metadata to files, especially if you want to add same metadata (as album title for example) to several files. But it isn't so much easy with images. It would be great, if I could copy image metadata between several files in the same way as I can copy titles, authors, tracknumbers etc. - in file properties window. My idea is to add there tag-like field entitled "Image" with 2 possible values "<not present>" and "<present>" . If file contains image metadata then I could mark that line with "<present>"  written and choose "copy" option. It will extract graphic data from file metadata to foobar memory. Then I could choose another file and choose "paste" on its "Image" field. In case if in target file there's "<not present>" shown, then image should be added to its metadata immediately. In case if target file will have its own image metadata and "Image" line will have "<present>" value, then additional warning about overwriting image data could be shown (with checkbox to never show it again). There can be one "Image" line for all image metadata embedded in file, or separate lines like "Front image", "Disc image" etc. - every line with only 2 possible values. So that tag-like field will be only a reference to image metadata in file - no image will be shown there, only informational "<present>" or "<not present>". Additionally by pressing "Delete" on that reference line, image metadata could be erased from file. And this is it  . I can't imagine if it's easy or hard to code - I'm not a programmer  . But I find it useful