Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [NO BUG] AC/DC read as AC, DC (Read 3409 times) previous topic - next topic

[NO BUG] AC/DC read as AC, DC

I have some MP3 files with ID3v1 Artist, ID3v2 Artist, and ID3v2 Album Artist all set to AC/DC, but foobar2000 0.9.6.3 shows them as either AC or AC, DC.

Reply #1
That's the intended behaviour for ID3v2.3 tags (more info).
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #2
ID3v2.3 does not support slash characters in artist names. According to the specification, your tag indicates two artists, named "AC" and "DC".

From http://www.id3.org/id3v2.3.0.txt :
TPE1
  The 'Lead artist(s)/Lead performer(s)/Soloist(s)/Performing group' is used for the main artist(s). They are seperated with the "/" character.

While I agree that this is braindead, this behavior complies with the specification. If you don't like it, use ID3v2.4 instead.

I'm pasting this here just so that this quote is in every one of these threads, just in case someone decides to use the search function at some point in time.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #3
Can anyone recommend an ID3v2.4 tag writer?

Reply #4
Can anyone recommend an ID3v2.4 tag writer?

foobar2000?

Make sure you have "ID3v2 writer compatibility mode" deselected at Preferences > Advanced > Tagging > MP3

Reply #5
They are the best Music band.
I have some MP3 files with ID3v1 Artist, ID3v2 Artist, and ID3v2 Album Artist all set to AC/DC, but
foobar2000 0.9.6.3 shows them as either AC or AC, DC.