Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Time to start ripping! (A couple of noob questions) (Read 10229 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Time to start ripping! (A couple of noob questions)

Reply #25
where does it store this tag? in the cue sheet,isn't it?
and are there audio player software that can play ?
i know it's off topic but which program could burn pre-emphsis detected by cueripper

A cuesheet should include "FLAGS PRE" to indicate pre-emphasis. I don't know if any audio player will apply EQ based on that flag.
The foobar2000 component works with foobar2000 if there is a tag field called PRE_EMPHASIS or PRE-EMPHASIS and its value is "1", "yes" or "on". dBpoweramp will add the tag if it detects pre-emphasis (in the TOC). If you have a cuesheet with FLAGS PRE, you can add the tag to the FLAC files themselves manually.

CD writers that support the pre-emphasis flag? I am not sure if it is standard behaviour, but it is easy to test (just re-rip and see!). EAC should do so.

Here is a partial list of CD titles with at least one reported "pre-emphasis" pressing: http://www.studio-nibble.com/cd/index.php?title=Pre-emphasis_(release_list)
hi
thanks a lot , I own several cd in the list , i guess imgburn does support several flags included pre-emphasis flag , and i guess a modern dvd burner (like the LG) should write on it
and foobar read cue sheet too , it can include the flag , as what i had understood is that i need to add a tag , the cue is not enough
again thank you so much

@korth
great guide , thank you so much
i really like  CUETools even i don't know who are the developers , many time i gave up and used other tools just because  CUETools was hard to configure for me
cheers

Reply #26
@francesco :
Are you looking to rip or to burn, really?
And if you want to burn a CD: do you want a copy, or do you want the music? If you want the music for, say, an in-car CD player, then you could just apply the EQ.

Reply #27
@francesco :
Are you looking to rip or to burn, really?
And if you want to burn a CD: do you want a copy, or do you want the music? If you want the music for, say, an in-car CD player, then you could just apply the EQ.
hi
i want to rip some of my cds
just wonder if there is a program that can burn a cd audio with all the flags
thanks