Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: TESLA NC430 mechanics problem (Read 4573 times) previous topic - next topic

TESLA NC430 mechanics problem

I have a TESLA NC430 turntable, belt drive with the chassis HC43. In time I had to clean it from time to time and today I used a micro mechanics spray for lubricating the mechanics. It work pretty good, but the bad part is that now the arm lift falls down to quickly and after fullstop it is thrown quickly. The arm lift had a cream vaseline before and I think that this is the cause of being thrown so quick. I even tried to calibrate the screws but without any results. Can somebody help me in this problem? Which vaseline should I use? The vaseline worked for about 30 years without any problems.

Re: TESLA NC430 mechanics problem

Reply #1
I don't know anything about that turntable.

Some turntables have "viscous damping" which is some kind of piston & cylinder in a thick fluid with a small hole in the piston so the fluid can slowly flow through.   Or, you might find a similar setup with an air cylinder.  Do you see anything like that?

I doubt that was Vaseline because in my experience Vaseline "melts" at fairly low temperature and it wouldn't stay in place on a hot day.   But if you have some, give it a try!   Some grease from a hardware store or auto parts store might be better.  

Re: TESLA NC430 mechanics problem

Reply #2
I don't know anything about that turntable.

Some turntables have "viscous damping" which is some kind of piston & cylinder in a thick fluid with a small hole in the piston so the fluid can slowly flow through.   Or, you might find a similar setup with an air cylinder.  Do you see anything like that?

I doubt that was Vaseline because in my experience Vaseline "melts" at fairly low temperature and it wouldn't stay in place on a hot day.   But if you have some, give it a try!   Some grease from a hardware store or auto parts store might be better.  

As a general rule silicon base greases are much more consistent as the temperature varies. In auto parts store its called distributor cam lubricant. Makes pretty good plain heat sink compound as well.