Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Car MP3 Player (Read 15194 times) previous topic - next topic

Car MP3 Player

Reply #25
I'm not sure exactly how minutely you can adjust it, but it is very adjustable, and there are also single and dual zone sensors.  The dual zone ones are the ones that tend to be a bit more annoying to passers-by, as the second zone is designed to watch the exterior of the car, and the first zone is for watching the interior.  The single zone ones, well, just have the one zone  I believe they're actually meant to just watch the interior of the car.  They're handy for convertibles or if you like to leave your windows down in the summer, but still have it be fairly secure if you're within hearing distance.

and yeah, I guess we have strayed a bit here, hehe, hopefully it won't get frowned on though

Car MP3 Player

Reply #26
Thought you might be interested to know that the new Alpine models are out, and they have added several units with MP3 capability.

Alpines are a bit pricey, but I've never found anything else that comes close for me personally. Your mileage may vary.

Brett
flac > schiit modi > schiit magni > hd650

Car MP3 Player

Reply #27
Yeah, I was looking at the Alpine line, but they are pretty expen$ive.  Since my last one just got ripped, I feel a bit vulnerable.  The JVC seems to be a good deal better than my former Aiwa, and at about the same price as what I paid for the Aiwa, it just seems like a smart deal to me.  I suppose I could find an Alpine for less than where I have seen them.  Next time, though, since I already have the JVC being shipped.

Car MP3 Player

Reply #28
I bought the JVC for about $280.

As much as I would want one of the Alpines, I'm not replacing my JVC until there are units with Ogg support. That's the direction I really want to go. I think the MP3 format has pretty much reached it's maximum quality potential with Dibrom's coding.

Brett
flac > schiit modi > schiit magni > hd650