Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4575573 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Columns UI

Reply #7700
I managed to reproduce it. The dialog remembers its position and size. If you first opened it at say 100% DPI, and then later change to 200% DPI and then open the dialog, it will open at the original size (in pixels) and so part of it will be cut off.

It's a bug in foo_bookmarks. I don't think there's any way to fix it other than resetting its configuration e.g. deleting (or moving) foo_bookmarks.dll.cfg when foobar2000 is closed.

Reply #7701
you beat me to it.
exactly, it's a bug in foo_bookmarks_0.3.6
a few days ago i just uninstalled the plugin and reinstalled it - same error.
now it gave me no more peace and i have
uninstalled booksmarks again, but this time i also deleted all elements belonging to bookmarks.
reinstalled and now it works again.
thank you again and stay healthy

Reply #7702
Try eliminating individual components, or eliminating individual presets.

EDIT: Beaten by the reply! Good job, you found the problem!

Reply #7703
Hi, musicmusic, I'm a foobar user from 2005. First of all, thanks for your work with this component. I use CUI (obviously) and it's great. The only problem is that Facets , Spectrogram can't be added to the layout, they're only popup panels (and obviously this is far from ideal).
When will this inconvenient disappear? When we'll be able to integrate DUI panels (Facets, Spectrogram)  in CUI panels?
Also, I'm sure that this is a request that other people want, too . This change it will be well received.
Thanks for reading :)

Reply #7704
DUI panel support has already been requested, and acknowledged.

Reply #7705
Hi everyone. First time here. I'm new to Columns UI and I have a question. Apologies if I'm asking something obvious, but I've been struggling to do something and I can't find a way to do it. I'm using the DarkOne Foobar skin, which uses Columns UI. I've attached a screenshot. What I'd like to do is have a fourth category "Composers" in the filters panel on the left, together with the existing Genre, Artist, and Album categories. Can anyone tell me how to do this? I listen to a lot of classical music and have many files tagged by composer. Thanks!

Reply #7706
Hi everyone. First time here. I'm new to Columns UI and I have a question. Apologies if I'm asking something obvious, but I've been struggling to do something and I can't find a way to do it. I'm using the DarkOne Foobar skin, which uses Columns UI. I've attached a screenshot. What I'd like to do is have a fourth category "Composers" in the filters panel on the left, together with the existing Genre, Artist, and Album categories. Can anyone tell me how to do this? I listen to a lot of classical music and have many files tagged by composer. Thanks!

I use album list panel. In the past I used the Filter Panel. I think what you should do is:
- Add a 4th Filter Panel for the composer (image1)
- In Preferences / Columns UI / Filters / Fields, add a new Field for the composer (image2)

Reply #7707
IIRC, Spider Monkey Panel can get the flags from any menu item. That's fine if you want to query it on startup/on demand, not so good for visual indicators which I'd expect to update in real time regardless of how the settings are changed, Without some sort of associated callbacks provided via the SDK, I'm guessing that isn't possible??

Sorry, I got distracted and have been away. Yes, I am indeed using a button in a Spider Monkey Panel and toggling the image (as well as performing the appropriate command) when the button is clicked. How would I get those menu item flags? In this case, that is for the "View/Playlist view/Show groups" command in columns ui. I imagine that getting the current value can be done once at startup, and a variable or text file can be manipulated as needed from there.

Reply #7708
IIRC, Spider Monkey Panel can get the flags from any menu item. That's fine if you want to query it on startup/on demand, not so good for visual indicators which I'd expect to update in real time regardless of how the settings are changed, Without some sort of associated callbacks provided via the SDK, I'm guessing that isn't possible??

Sorry, I got distracted and have been away. Yes, I am indeed using a button in a Spider Monkey Panel and toggling the image (as well as performing the appropriate command) when the button is clicked. How would I get those menu item flags? In this case, that is for the "View/Playlist view/Show groups" command in columns ui. I imagine that getting the current value can be done once at startup, and a variable or text file can be manipulated as needed from there.
IsMainMenuCommandChecked("View/Playlist view/Show Groups")

If you need want to keep this in sync you could add it as an interval:
Code: [Select]
let showingGroups = false;  // used to draw correct button
setInterval(() => {
    const val = IsMainMenuCommandChecked("View/Playlist view/Show Groups");
    if (val != showingGroups) {
        showingGroups = val;
        window.RepaintRect(...fill in your buttons bounds here...);
    }
}, 1000);

Reply #7709
Ah yes, MordredKLB, that works a treat with one addition: the check function needed a namespace, so it ended up as

fb.IsMainMenuCommandChecked("View/Playlist view/Show Groups")

Thank you.  :))

Reply #7710
Ah yes, MordredKLB, that works a treat with one addition: the check function needed a namespace, so it ended up as
Oops! Copy paste fail. Glad you figured it out!

Reply #7711
I use Columns UI and I have the following problem:
As seen in the image when painting the date to the right of the% Album% they are painted ...

The grouping contains the following script:

$puts(calbum,$rgb(200,200,200))
$puts(cdate,$rgb(180,180,180))
$get(calbum)$upper($get(%album%))
$rgb(60,60,60)
'  '$repeat('—',85)
$tab(-1)$get(cdate)%date%' '

Reply #7712
It looks like group titles don't obey the 'Display ellipses in truncated text' setting and always have ellipses enabled.

I can't see changing it to respect that setting being a problem, so I could change it to respect it.

Reply #7713
It looks like group titles don't obey the 'Display ellipses in truncated text' setting and always have ellipses enabled.

I can't see changing it to respect that setting being a problem, so I could change it to respect it.

The "Display ellipses in truncated text" box is disabled.

Reply #7715
Hey there,
Is it possible to bind a keyboard shortut to move focus to the filter search toolbar (ideally highlighting current filter term ready for being overwritten)

Reply #7716
Message to Music Music:

I just downloaded version 1.7.0 beta 1 and I have had a great disappointment since you have not included anything that I had requested.

I mean the message #7683 <https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=28647.7675>

I use Columns UI and I have the following problem. When a disc has several CDs everything is perfect. But when the disc only has a CD leaves me a blank line between the name of the album and the first track.

The grouping script to control grouping by field %discnumber% is:

$if(%discnumber%,
     $rgb(100,100,100)   ● %discnumber%
     )$tab()

Your response to my message was positive for what I had hoped that it could be included:

Unfortunately, even blank group titles are rendered at the moment, so the behaviour you want isn't currently possible. I'm not sure how much effort it would be to change that, though I'll consider it since it seems like reasonable behaviour.

Your other option (of course) is to use a third-party playlist view. I don't know if any of them support the behaviour you're looking for, though.

I would greatly appreciate you if you told me if you have contemplated or not include it in the definitive version 1.7.0 since it is absolutely fundamental for me.

-----------------------------------------

Finally, in the message #7685 it made you other requests that I understand that they must be more complicated to do. However, I would only like to know if you consider them for the definitive version 1.7.0 or if you definitely reject them.

Thanks for your answer. I would greatly appreciate you that you consider my request. And if you encourage you to do it, I will give you 2 or 3 things related to the groups that already in 2007 you commented in the forum that you would incorporate them into a next version, and that they would leave the Columns UI and my perfect FOOBAR:

- Each grouping should have its own font.

- Each grouping should allow you to select if we want to paint it over or the right of the cover.

I attached the Image 1 (current aspect) and the Image 2 (desired aspect manipulated with Photoshop)

While these improvements, joined to the petition made in the previous message, do not be made, I am forced to not be able to use the grouping of the albums with several CDs through the grouping but through the dicnumber column (Image 3) which It is imperfect because the text is cut if it is too long and displaces the rest of the columns to the right.

Once again I give you the anticipated thanks and I encourage you to leave Columns Ui brushing perfection.

<https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=28647.7675>

Muchas gracias.

Reply #7717
Is it possible to bind a keyboard shortut to move focus to the filter search toolbar (ideally highlighting current filter term ready for being overwritten)
I don't believe so, but it seems like a fair request to me so I'll think about adding a menu item to make that possible.

I just downloaded version 1.7.0 beta 1 and I have had a great disappointment since you have not included anything that I had requested.
I'm sorry you feel disappointed, but I'm not sure why. I don't see any promises about the contents of that version in the quoted messages. Furthermore, the confirmed contents of any upcoming release is public information as Columns UI is open source.

For your information, I don't routinely keep track of who requested or reported what. But looking back, I can see that the 'In the playlist view, group titles now respect the 'Display ellipses in truncated text' option.' change was made based on your feedback.

Your response to my message was positive for what I had hoped that it could be included:

Unfortunately, even blank group titles are rendered at the moment, so the behaviour you want isn't currently possible. I'm not sure how much effort it would be to change that, though I'll consider it since it seems like reasonable behaviour.

Your other option (of course) is to use a third-party playlist view. I don't know if any of them support the behaviour you're looking for, though.

I would greatly appreciate you if you told me if you have contemplated or not include it in the definitive version 1.7.0 since it is absolutely fundamental for me.
I can't make any promises about any particular feature being in any particular version – this is a free-time project.

I have created an issue on GitHub for that request: https://github.com/reupen/columns_ui/issues/386

Any progress can be followed there.

Finally, in the message #7685 it made you other requests that I understand that they must be more complicated to do. However, I would only like to know if you consider them for the definitive version 1.7.0 or if you definitely reject them.
No, I'm not planning to implement those features.

Reply #7718
I don't believe so, but it seems like a fair request to me so I'll think about adding a menu item to make that possible.

I'm sorry you feel disappointed, but I'm not sure why. I don't see any promises about the contents of that version in the quoted messages. Furthermore, the confirmed contents of any upcoming release is public information as Columns UI is open source.

For your information, I don't routinely keep track of who requested or reported what. But looking back, I can see that the 'In the playlist view, group titles now respect the 'Display ellipses in truncated text' option.' change was made based on your feedback.

I can't make any promises about any particular feature being in any particular version – this is a free-time project.

I have created an issue on GitHub for that request: https://github.com/reupen/columns_ui/issues/386

Any progress can be followed there.

No, I'm not planning to implement those features.

Thank you very much for your quick response

Reply #7719
Hi, this is actually my first post and I don't know if I should post it here or as a topic of its own,... Anyway, this is how my Playlist looks like, I think I found it somewhere years! ago and did a little scripting, just now I felt like going back and brush it up a bit.

so between two pipes | is a heart in case the %love% tag field is filled with a number. between a slash and backslash is the rating with some ascii character that I liked.

here is the code in the Clumns Tab under Playlist View:
|$rgb(160,20,0)$repeat(🖤,%love%)$rgb()|
and
/$rgb(90,0,200)$repeat(⬟,$meta(rating))$rgb()\

Question:
What I'm looking for is a way to make the distance between pipe |    | and  /         \ uniform, so that no matter what my rating is they are always apart from one another exactly the same distance. The width should obviously be so that between Pipe exactly one Heart fits in and between Slashes exactly 5 Ascii-Stars fit in.

|🖤|  /⬟ ⬟            \
|     |  /⬟ ⬟ ⬟ ⬟ ⬟ \
|     |  /                    \
|🖤|  /⬟ ⬟ ⬟          \
How would I do that?

EDIT:

This is my first one it does what I want:
|$if( 
$stricmp(%love%,1),
$rgb(160,20,0)🖤$rgb()|,
$rgb()     |
)

The second one, Rating, I'm having trouble with:
/$if(
$meta(rating),
$rgb(90,0,200)$repeat(⬟,$meta(rating))$rgb()\,
$rgb()              \

)

Because if the rating is 2 the \ character is next to the ascii-Star.

Reply #7720
Hi, this is actually my first post and I don't know if I should post it here or as a topic of its own,... Anyway, this is how my Playlist looks like, I think I found it somewhere years! ago and did a little scripting, just now I felt like going back and brush it up a bit.

so between two pipes | is a heart in case the %love% tag field is filled with a number. between a slash and backslash is the rating with some ascii character that I liked.

here is the code in the Clumns Tab under Playlist View:
|$rgb(160,20,0)$repeat(🖤,%love%)$rgb()|
and
/$rgb(90,0,200)$repeat(⬟,$meta(rating))$rgb()\

Question:
What I'm looking for is a way to make the distance between pipe |    | and  /         \ uniform, so that no matter what my rating is they are always apart from one another exactly the same distance. The width should obviously be so that between Pipe exactly one Heart fits in and between Slashes exactly 5 Ascii-Stars fit in.

|🖤|  /⬟ ⬟            \
|     |  /⬟ ⬟ ⬟ ⬟ ⬟ \
|     |  /                    \
|🖤|  /⬟ ⬟ ⬟          \
How would I do that?

EDIT:

This is my first one it does what I want:
|$if( 
$stricmp(%love%,1),
$rgb(160,20,0)🖤$rgb()|,
$rgb()     |
)

The second one, Rating, I'm having trouble with:
/$if(
$meta(rating),
$rgb(90,0,200)$repeat(⬟,$meta(rating))$rgb()\,
$rgb()              \

)

Because if the rating is 2 the \ character is next to the ascii-Star.

It occurs to me that you could do the following:

Example: $meta(rating) = 2

/$rgb(90,0,200)$repeat(⬟,$meta(rating))
$rgb(15,15,15)$repeat(⬟,5-$meta(rating))

The subtraction operation is not now as it is written exactly. If you need it, I can look for it.
The trick is to paint 3 times the character ⬟ but with the color of background of the playlist (in the example $rgb(15,15,15)) which makes it invisible.

Reply #7721
Thanks for the hint, unfortunately that produced an output where the filled in and not filled in characters were all produced, so if I have a rating of 5 I'd have 10 stars.

I have found a solution that works for me, and I have found that there exists, apparetnly, a field for that prupose, but even after installing the compontent I coudn't get it to work: %rating_stars_fixed% ; but I was able to reproduce it

Here's my code, which is not beautiful but it does the job, if the title is playing the rating is put in the Title field and rating field is replaced by the elapsed time.
$if(%isplaying%,$transition(%_time_elapsed%,$rgb(2,165,253),$rgb(240,15,179)),

/$if(
$stricmp($meta(rating),1),
$rgb(0,0,255)★$rgb(93,93,93)☆☆☆☆$rgb()\,
)

$if(
$stricmp($meta(rating),2),
$rgb(0,0,255)★★$rgb(93,93,93)☆☆☆$rgb()\,
)

$if(
$stricmp($meta(rating),3),
$rgb(0,0,255)★★★$rgb(93,93,93)☆☆$rgb()\,
)

$if(
$stricmp($meta(rating),4),
$rgb(0,0,255)★★★★$rgb(93,93,93)☆$rgb()\,
)

$if(
$stricmp($meta(rating),5),
$rgb(0,0,255)★★★★★$rgb(93,93,93)$rgb()\,
)

$if(
$stricmp($meta(rating),()),
$rgb(100,100,100)☆☆☆☆☆$rgb()\,
)
)

It occurs to me that you could do the following:

Example: $meta(rating) = 2

/$rgb(90,0,200)$repeat(⬟,$meta(rating))
$rgb(15,15,15)$repeat(⬟,5-$meta(rating))

The subtraction operation is not now as it is written exactly. If you need it, I can look for it.
The trick is to paint 3 times the character ⬟ but with the color of background of the playlist (in the example $rgb(15,15,15)) which makes it invisible.

I just now got what you were saying and looked up the proper function, so your suggestion, with the better looking stars and my new Idea of replacing %isplaying%...:

$if(
%isplaying%,
$transition(%_time_elapsed%,$rgb(2,165,253),$rgb(240,15,179)),
$rgb(90,0,255)$repeat(★,$meta(rating))$rgb(93,93,93)$repeat(☆,$sub(5,$meta(rating)))$rgb()
)

Reply #7722
Message to Music Music:

I would like to know if it is possible to correct the following problem I have detected in the Album List Panel:

If I have activated the Show Root Node box and I am looking for an artist who begins by letter A, click, for example "Abbey" and instead of finding the artist takes me all my database at the Library View. The result is the same as if I had punctured at All Music (5820). If we take into account that I have 5 music teras, it leaves me paralyzed 30 or 40 seconds that it takes to take out the entire database at the Library View.

The only solution is to deactivate the Show Root Node box.

Of course, this message is not a requirement but a suggestion to contribute to the improvement of Columns Ui.

Reply #7723
The functionality to jump to items by typing comes from the Windows tree view control (and not any logic in the component itself).

However, that behaviour could probably still be improved.

It should be possible (for me) to add a delay before auto-sending when the selection is changed using the keyboard, which would help with that and similar situations.

It would also be possible (for me) to stop it stopping on the All music node adding a zero-width space to the start of 'All music'.

Reply #7724
If requests are being considered, here's a couple things I miss from the default UI;
* Alternating row colors in playlist
* Playlist switcher toolbar item