Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: AutoEq (Read 2869 times) previous topic - next topic

AutoEq

Anyone else using the AutoEq profiles for headphone listening?

I'm really happy with it. I'm currently using the following playback chains:

Windows: Source > Equalizer APO (Graphic EQ results) > ODAC > Grado SR225
Linux: Source > PulseEffects (Parametric EQ results) > ODAC > Grado SR225

I haven't felt the need to tweak it from the default curves.

Re: AutoEq

Reply #1
I found it a few weeks ago and whilst my headphones are not in their results page yet, I used the settings from the same brand and similarly priced set, and made the changes in Poweramp. I was very pleased with the improvements in my perceived audio quality. I'd recommend it for sure.

Reply #2
I found it a few weeks ago and whilst my headphones are not in their results page yet, I used the settings from the same brand and similarly priced set, and made the changes in Poweramp. I was very pleased with the improvements in my perceived audio quality. I'd recommend it for sure.
That's a great idea, I will have to try that. I suspect that one could achieve very pleasant results with less expensive headphone models.

Reply #3
So, I've been using some Yamaha HPH-MT7 headphones for over five years now. I've made some essential fixes to them like putting Tri flow on the hinges and changing the pads for some super thick sheepskin ones from Ali Express. Those pads made the bass rather extreme so I added a behringer Mini FBQ to my setup and tuned it using the perceptual sweep from audiocheck.net.

When I found this post about AutoEQ, I was disappointed to learn that they don't have my headphones on it. (Even if they did, they wouldn't have my pads accounted for.) Anyway, I just got some Beyerdynamic MMX 300s with some Dekoni pads—and those are on the AutoEQ list. Once I set the EQ, the MMX 300s sounded much more pleasing like my Yamahas.

TL;DR: I recommend using the results of AutoEQ, and if your headphones are not on there, use the perceptual sweep off of audiocheck.net.
Processed audio in java and python.