Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Problem with EAC tags and MPC (Read 3456 times) previous topic - next topic

Problem with EAC tags and MPC

Hi, this is my eac command line:

--quality 8 --xlevel --ape2 --artist "%a" --title "%t" --album "%g" --year "%y" --track "%n" --genre "%m" %s

add id3 tag unchecked

Yet, I cannot produce mpc files with tags attached. How come? I downloaded the software/encoder following the instructions et out in the "recommended mpc settings" posted in this forum..

Any help?
Jeova69

I've never met anyone who tried a joint but
didn't inhale.
(H. Marks)

Reply #1
Are you using new enough encoder version? What program do you use to see if tags are present, not all programs can recognize APEv2 tags.

Reply #2
Hi, this is my eac command line:

--quality 8 --xlevel --ape2 --artist "%a" --title "%t" --album "%g" --year "%y" --track "%n" --genre "%m" %s

add id3 tag unchecked

Yet, I cannot produce mpc files with tags attached. How come? I downloaded the software/encoder following the instructions et out in the "recommended mpc settings" posted in this forum..

Any help?

Try this:

--quality 8 --xlevel --ape2 --artist "%a" --title "%t" --album "%g" --releasedate "%y" --track "%n" --genre "%m" --comment "rip by YOURNAME / EAC + mpcenc 1.14 q8" %s %d

It works fine for me

Reply #3
Thanks!

I thought I could be viewing ape tags directly in Internet Explorer... How fool
Jeova69

I've never met anyone who tried a joint but
didn't inhale.
(H. Marks)

Reply #4
Try this:

--quality 8 --xlevel --ape2 --artist "%a" --title "%t" --album "%g" --releasedate "%y" --track "%n" --genre "%m" --comment "rip by YOURNAME / EAC + mpcenc 1.14 q8" %s %d

It works fine for me

Thanks, I used mpcenct - special prog. for the writing APE2 tags.
Now I don't need it