Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_text feature possiblity? (Read 2899 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_text feature possiblity?

Can whoever made foo_text make it possible to output to more than one file? That'd be pretty sexy of you. 

[Edit: I use it to output to a cfg file in a half life mod I play, so I can use exec song.cfg and itll say what song is currently playing, however, i play more than one half life mod and would like to be use the song.cfg in all of the ones i play.]

Reply #1
Hi, sorry i cant really work on the plugin right now because my desktop is broken.. (long story).

Anyway, in 0.7 at least you could probably get away with putting multiple copies of the dll in, e.g. foo_text.dll, foo_text1.dll. There's no harm in trying..

I will get the source for the 0.7 version up soon anyway.

Reply #2
ill try that and post the results, thanks.

[edit: tryed it, and as far as I can tell it worked. Thanks a bunch  ]
[another edit: tested it further and it does work. However I really would like to have to only use one dll and just have it output to multiple directories, so whenever you can get around to coding it, thatd be great. thanks for the temp fix tho ]

Reply #3
To be honest, if i was to add it, id rather give full options for each file, and that would proabably need most of the plugin to be rewritten i think, and be a fair bit of work especially if you consider my (lack of) c++ skills.

Ill think about it whenever i get my computer fixed, otherwise i got the source up at http://members.lycos.co.uk/musicf/test/source/ so someone else can do it or at least recompile plugin for later versions of foobar since i cant/probably wont be.