Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playback stuck on stop (Read 3347 times) previous topic - next topic

Playback stuck on stop

When I try to play a song, it says "playback stopped". When I click "Play" under "Playback", there is still a check next to "Stop".

Playback stuck on stop

Reply #1
Not a problem that I ever have heard someone having. providing even a little of the information requested as per the sticky in this forum would go a long way towards receiving effective help

Playback stuck on stop

Reply #2
Have you added anything to the playlist?

Playback stuck on stop

Reply #4

When I try to click on a song to play it, it says what it says in the bottom left corner (playback stopped). So I click on Playback-->Stop and the check is stuck and I can't remove it. I've tried to click on the 5 things under Stop but the check stays on Stop.

Playback stuck on stop

Reply #5
You don't have any items in the playlist, that's why.

Either send the selection to a playlist by pressing Enter or right clicking and select Send to Current Playlist.
You can also change the double click and middle click actions in Preferences > Media Library > Album List.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Playback stuck on stop

Reply #6

Either send the selection to a playlist by pressing Enter or right clicking and select Send to Current Playlist.
You can also change the double click and middle click actions in Preferences > Media Library > Album List.

Thanks!

Re: Playback stuck on stop

Reply #7

This is very strange. I had the same problem with a new install on an additional laptop. I have Foobar on two desk tops and no two laptops I do not remember ever having to complete this step to play the tracks and in fact currently do not on my previously installed devices.
Also is it really necessary to get snarky with people who don't provide the information you want? We are not all programmers, coders or techies. Some of us are just simpleton music lovers.