Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Clean Install from 1.6.2 Instructions (Read 737 times) previous topic - next topic

Clean Install from 1.6.2 Instructions

Yes, I read the pinned topic and I do believe that may be what contributed to my otherwise stellar audio experience being reduced to about 10% sound in foobar and only on center channel. But its been so long since I have had to fiddle with anything I was overdue.  FWIW I am on WinX64 and play out via SPDIF to an early model digital receiver and have a 5.1 (FR,FL,C,RRRL,SUB)  and the only way I have been able to achieve consistent .flac sound onn all channels is with foober2k and it has been glorious.

I just uninstalled FB2K after reinstalling both gpu and modded Realtek driver suite.  How do I ensure I stay free and clear of any old files? Can I just use portable and save in my music directory? I dont think I understand what to do exactly. My library is a mess too.

Also to everyone who makes this happen thank you for helping me during lockdown and enjoy music again. I have an old, unsupported motherboard that both Asus and Realtek don't seem to care whether customers have functionality much less great sound.  Many people suffer terrible onboard audio but they dont have have to.  Thanks to Alan Finotty in Brazil for making third party driver syite at TPU. I won't link bc rules? I dunno if you have shitty realtek audio try his driver suites. I use the old basic version for Realtek codec 892 but there are tons of options.