Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 1.2.18 Crashing on Startup (iOS) (Read 1335 times) previous topic - next topic

1.2.18 Crashing on Startup (iOS)

Longtime user of the app and first time poster, thanks for a great app!

I updated to 1.2.18 today, since then, I have been unable to open the app. I tap the app icon, I see the playback tab of the last thing I was listening to for around half a second, then it crashes. Rebooting my phone has not solved things, nor has deleting the app and reinstalling.

I'm using an iPhone 6 on iOS 12.5.2

Re: 1.2.18 Crashing on Startup (iOS)

Reply #1
I have the same issue . :'(
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #2
Thanks for reporting.
I've already spotted this issue and fixed it in 1.2.19, available in beta-
https://www.foobar2000.org/test-ios
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #3
Apparently beta still stuck in review.
Already filed 1.2.19 public release (pending review).

Problem was timespec_get() misuse in my code (function available from iOS 13 up), which backfired after Xcode upgrade.

If you're a beta tester (use link above to sign up), you should be able to switch to older builds that don't have this problem yet.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #4
Hi :)
Updated foobar2000 mobile 1.2.18 to 1.2.19.
No problem.
Many Thanks.
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #5
Thanks for the update! Testflight requires iOS 13 or higher, so I won't be able to join the beta, but look forward to the public release.