Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ColumnUI and search filter (Read 1706 times) previous topic - next topic

ColumnUI and search filter

I'm trying to find a way to make a search filter ala facets but using ColumnUI. Is there a way to implement a search filter that act before standard ColumnUI filters?

I'm thinking to do that with some kind of filter+global variables but seem that the $get_global function isn't defined in filters. I also still miss a way to store a value from a textbox to a global variable....

Open to any solution... any idea?

Re: ColumnUI and search filter

Reply #1
If you are trying to say that you are looking for a text input field which would filter what any of the existing filter panels show, you can enable layout editing mode and add the filter search toolbar to your foobar.

Reply #2
I'm feeling stupid.. it's exactly what I want and it's here out of the box!

thank's

Reply #3
It's years later, but this is exactly what I'm looking for as well. In my previous installation of foobar (1.6.6) with Columns UI, there was this "filter search" toolbar. I used three filter panels (composer, artist, album) and one search in this toolbar would work on all three of them. It was a very quick way to get to the track or album I was looking for.
In my latest installation (1.6.eight) this "filter search" toolbar is nowhere to be found. I've tried all sorts of alternatives, but they don't do what I want.
- Facets does it, but it doesn't work in Columns UI
- The Quicksearch component sends the search directly to the playlist, it doesn't affect the filter panels.
- Right clicking on a panel in live editing mode can add a search field for one filter panel, but searching with it doesn't affect any of the other filter panels
Does anyone have a tip?

Reply #4
Sorry I solved it already. With three filters next to each other under a horizontal splitter in the layout, and a search box created for the most left panel, it does filter the other two panels just as I like.