Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Recommendation for Headphones for daily use? (Read 19303 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Recommendation for Headphones for daily use?

Reply #50
as I have read that the M50X is not worth it compared to the M50 or the M40X.

The price difference will get you detachable cord options on the X model.  I've read that X model have a slightly better pads, but I cannot correlate that statement as my M50 is many years older and now has velour pads in favor of the original pads.  My son has since taken it as his own and so I recently bought a M50X for the office.  I notice no audible difference between the 2 but that is a casual observation.  I prefer the M50X due to the shorter cord option and I've replaced the pad with another set of velour pads for comfort. 

Reply #51
The price difference will get you detachable cord options on the X model.  I've read that X model have a slightly better pads, but I cannot correlate that statement as my M50 is many years older and now has velour pads in favor of the original pads.  My son has since taken it as his own and so I recently bought a M50X for the office.  I notice no audible difference between the 2 but that is a casual observation.  I prefer the M50X due to the shorter cord option and I've replaced the pad with another set of velour pads for comfort. 
Thanks for replying. I am talking mostly about the M40X being as good as the M50X for around 50 bucks less, that I can use to upgrade the earpads. What do you think?

Reply #52
Thanks for replying. I am talking mostly about the M40X being as good as the M50X for around 50 bucks less, that I can use to upgrade the earpads. What do you think?

Personally, comfort is a very important part of the equation for me.  Given the choice, I would spend the cost difference on comfort.  I have never heard the ATH-M40 so I cannot comment on the sound.  But I can't imagine the 2 models being that far apart.  Enjoy the new headphones, regardless of which one.  :)